AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was giving serious consideration to the Panny 50LC13 but it's just too large for my room. So I started looking at the GWIII 42L LCD. I'm wondering if it might be worth the wait to examine the upcoming new Panny 43LC14. It will probably be a few hundred less than the Sony and it looks like it will include an HDMI input.

Any thoughts? Obviously there is not much out there on the 43LC14 yet.

Many thanks,

TimT

·
Registered
487 Posts
Too large? You sure? I thought a 50" was too large for my room too. For about the 1st day I owned one. Now I can't imagine anything smaller.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main seating area (a couch facing straight at the TV) will be about 7' from the screen. Other chairs in the room will be in the 5-6 range at angles on either side of the TV.

TimT

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well, that's pretty close. I think it's personal preference. I've got chairs to the side too at only the 5-6' range, as well as seating further away (~10'). I'll admit you see artifacts pretty easily on a SD DirectTV feed from the closer chairs, but they don't bother me, especially after a few days of getting used to the screen size. Some people can't stand them from what I've read, but no guest who's been to my house has been anything but impressed. No problem with an HD signal.

By the way, mine is a 50LC13. It's great and I expect the 43LC14 will be too, but the Sony's are also very nice.

EDIT

Had to edit this to add something I forgot. I find I can sit much closer to the Panny (or any LCD/DLP set) than I can with much smaller CRT's. No scan lines.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Panny's New 43LC14 looks like a great solution for people not wanting to spend the big $$ for HDTV...or live in an apartment/condo or townhouse and have only 6-8' sitting distance. Plus it's only about 12-13" thin, and that's pretty thin as RPLCD's go. Remember too that many people have a 42" Plasma..and this is slightly larger.

Also I would bet they are using the same lamp as their 50" LCD...so this should have a pretty good HDTV picture...that might not be too bad with a cable/digital source either..

-mike-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.