AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just upgraded my mediagate to the latest firmware and was glad to see I can not create a 'private' folder and password protect it.

However I've done this and have set a new password but it never asks me for the password when I try to access it. It just gives me full access regardless?? I have powered off and on and it still doesn't ask.

Does anyone have an idea what I've done wrong?

And on a side note, what are your impressions on the new firmware? I see many improvements, especially the new subtitle support (hey I might actually be responsible for this one since I bugged them via email and asked for it and they told me they'd had it as a result!)

If you have good suggestions or want to report bugs I strongly suggest you email the airlinktech because they are very responsive to these requests it seems so don't hesitate and give good details as to what you want. Also try not to use advanced english or make overly long emails since you may lose them in the process.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi,

See my post #111 Here , and it explains how this new function works , If only Altec would employ me as their translator :)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=623697&page=4

I quite like the function , they are just so crap at explaining stuff to their paying customers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesper8 /forum/post/0

Hi everyone. I just upgraded my mediagate to the latest firmware and was glad to see I can not create a 'private' folder and password protect it.

However I've done this and have set a new password but it never asks me for the password when I try to access it. It just gives me full access regardless?? I have powered off and on and it still doesn't ask.

Does anyone have an idea what I've done wrong?

And on a side note, what are your impressions on the new firmware? I see many improvements, especially the new subtitle support (hey I might actually be responsible for this one since I bugged them via email and asked for it and they told me they'd had it as a result!)

If you have good suggestions or want to report bugs I strongly suggest you email the airlinktech because they are very responsive to these requests it seems so don't hesitate and give good details as to what you want. Also try not to use advanced english or make overly long emails since you may lose them in the process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.