AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are interested. There have been several confirmed sightings of the new Philips DVDR75 DVD recorder in US chain stores. Specifically some Best Buy and Circuit City stores have `em.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brand new to the market at $599, but I expect it wont take long before you can get it for a lot less.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Really? I just paid $599 at Circuit City a couple of weeks ago for the 985. Should I return it and get the 75? What are the advantages of it over the 985? Can you point me to a review?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its only been out a couple of days so I havn't managed to find any reviews yet, but personally I'd go with he DVDR75. Philips have learnt alot since the 985 was first produced a year ago. At the very least, I'm sure they've ironed out a few of the bugs.

That said, if you already have the 985 you should probably stick with it.

Info on the DVDR75 can be found here: http://www.dvdrecorder.philips.com/d...746_DVDR75.pdf

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Cough! 6 events?

Can't any of these recorders get past the VCR mentality? Even though they are manual record (i.e. not as sophisticated as PVRs with service), they could *at least* quadruple or so the # of events.

(I'd want more sophisticated repeated recordings, e.g. Tuesday-Saturday for late night shows.. and be able to disable-but-not-delete programs..)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, what I can't get over is why they can't put a @#$#$ hard drive in it!!! Why is everyone so slow about that except for Panasonic-with-the-black-level-bug? LOL.

·
Registered
441 Posts
BestBuy now have the DVDR75 for $599.99 on their website.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
They're supposed to have a hard drive model coming out this summer too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.