AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

New Pics of New Leather HT Seating

428 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  paul larson
Just uploaded pictures on my Home Theater and Recording Studio page showing my new leather HT seating.

If you can visit I would love to know your comments.

Follow this link to view http://www.paul-larson.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Paul, I am curious on how you get your pictures to come out so bright. Do you just modify them in Photoshop or something like that and brighten them? That is what I do and it increases the graininess of the image quite a bit.

If you have a simple way of taking pics that don't require any mods, that would be great.
Scott,

I am using a flash on some of the photos. But where I am no using a flash I am pushing the exposure two stops. Also, using photo suite, I go under the "fun" tab and use a medium sharp image.

I take the picture at the highest resolution and resize to about 500 X 320.

Does that help
Lovely theater Paul,

just a few questions

1. What are your columns made of and how did you make them.

2. I like your AV rack, can you please let me know where I can get one, where does ventilation for your equipment come in from

3. How long did it take to complete from scratch, and how many hours a week did you allocate to it.

Regards
See less See more
Quote:
Originally posted by sheggsl
Lovely theater Paul,

just a few questions

1. What are your columns made of and how did you make them.

The columns are made of wood and purchased at Home Depot.

They come with a cap and base so you can cut the column to the desired length. In my case I had to use all the column and added about 3/4 inch plywood on floor below base. This also helped to bring the column up to the hieght of the carpet.

2. I like your AV rack, can you please let me know where I can get one, where does ventilation for your equipment come in from

You can order this rack from Accutech Corporation. Their number is 800.221.4767. The rack you see in the pictures is a a 21 space rack frame item #5-21. The ventilation is simple as the back of the rack is an open frame located in an adjacent room used as storage. I simply go into the other room for access to the cables, etc. Works really well for me.

3. How long did it take to complete from scratch, and how many hours a week did you allocate to it.

Obviously that time depends on a number of variables. However, I spent a considerable amount of time planning and visualizing the final outcome. I went from a concrete floor and 2x4 studs to what you see in the pics. Depending on your level of knowledge in all areas including electrical, sheetrock, framing, finishing, carpentry, painting, etc. it could be pretty labor intensive. For me it took 2 months of planning (daily) and three months of building (daily). I recommend measuring three times before you cut understand what each sections finished result should look like during each stage of the process...as you move towards that final stage. This helps to illiminate suprises. One final word with respect to my abilities...I didn't find this too difficult because I have significant experience in all phases of the construction process. It is difficult for me to make suggestions to someone that has had limited experience in the different construction phases ie. sheetrock mudding and finishing. If you don't have ANY experience here you may find it very time consuming, frustrating, and potentially lacking the level of satisfaction your are seeking. Only to say that it is recommended you have some aviation experience before piloting an airplane.

Hope that helpsRegards
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.