AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sat, I picked up my Pio 5080, with a JUNE 2007 build date. Is that unusual???? It was Best Buy. Everything was perfect, bezel etc...I'm not concerened that this was a return/repackage based on the condition. Is it normal to get one built 7-8 months ago????? Thanks.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just got a 5010 with a build date of July 07 last weekend also from BB. I was concerned at first but now that I am seeing that there is no buzz or dead pixels Im thinking maybe it is a good thing. Maybe with the first ones being built they were more careful with quality control.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine also had a build date of July. No buzz, no dead pixels, perfect panel, no flaws.

other than the fact i might be returning it for the 1150

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I purchased my Sony XBR970 last year, its build date was over a year old but it was brand new and works perfectly. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I wasn't worried, just wanted to know if this was unusual. No buzz so far, just with DVD player......Directv comes tomorrow (Thu), I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Best Buy had to order mine as they were out of stock in town but I still received a July 07' 5080, No flaws / Buzzing / Dead pixels etc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
IMHO,

BB will fire-sale these sets soon enough. I predict a 1.5K price very soon, especially when Panasonic comes out and dominates the sales. At the same time, Pio should be getting the 9G's out and given these 8G Kuros date to last summer tells me they will clear out the stock to bring in the new goods, but it will greatly depend on just how much stock is on hand and if the market still does not want the set. I have a feeling it will flat out come down in a big way due to 1080P, LCD sales, Panasonic 2008 sets, etc. etc...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think that you are right about the moving out old models. When it happens then I'll have to agonize over buying a 2007 model at a steep discount or going with a 2008.

·
Registered
654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioexcels /forum/post/12987067

IMHO,

BB will fire-sale these sets soon enough. I predict a 1.5K price very soon, especially when Panasonic comes out and dominates the sales. At the same time, Pio should be getting the 9G's out and given these 8G Kuros date to last summer tells me they will clear out the stock to bring in the new goods, but it will greatly depend on just how much stock is on hand and if the market still does not want the set. I have a feeling it will flat out come down in a big way due to 1080P, LCD sales, Panasonic 2008 sets, etc. etc...

so when's the drop expectation, fall 2008? fine with me, i paid 1699

1 - 10 of 10 Posts