AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Are the Pioneer receivers just not getting alot of love, or what ?

I found a great open box deal during best buy's weekend sale, and having been dealing with issues with my Onkyo 674, (namely only (2) HDMI ins) I wanted something with similar power but also one which would support 1080p switching, and a Zone-2...

Can anyone point me to useful information on things such as software updates, detailed FAQ / Configuration guides ?

I have been an Onkyo FanBoy for a long time but I am really liking the Pioneer Elite for the price. I realize for the price it's basically an "Elite" badged VSX-820 / 920, but with an additional year warranty (usually costing about $150 from the retailer.)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
the VSX-30 is a rebadged VSX-920 and that may be the reason the "love" isn't there. Since the Elite line can only be sold be brick & motar stores, you pay a healthy price upcharge for what ??

Of the Pioneer line, the VSX-1120 (functionally equivelent to the VSX-32) is the best bang for the buck http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-11...1135250&sr=1-1

and Amazon.com is an authorized "Pioneer Home" internet dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.