AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
said to use 216Mhz video converters, progressive scan ntsc and pal, HMDI output (video and audio, but compatible DVI video)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is this HMDI output compatible with the firewire connections (audio) on the VSX-49TXi/VSA-AX10i ?

Hope this player will cost less than $2000 :)

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
I am SOLD, if they use DCDI too, with no chroma bug!

is this european model? any detail specs, dude?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Quote:
I am SOLD, if they use DCDI too, with no chroma bug!
I wouldn't count on it.

Don't think they will have DCDI.

I seems to me that Pioneer never used the F chip in his progressive players.

AFAIK, all their DVD players (so far) use their own (Pioneer) MPEG decoders which exhibit the chroma bug.

Perhaps they will change that in this player. :(

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Well, some one, postedhere, that PIONEER ELITE has MITSUBISHI MPEG DECODER(with chroma bhg), while DENON

I am confused!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is non official, just catched from another forum (in Europe).

chroma bug could indeed disappear, with the Denon launching the move (finally), since it seems almost all players so far had it. let's hope.

the fall will be a galore of new products, with 3DLP 1280x720 (dimple fixed ?), dimpled fixed 1DLP 4000:1 etc :D, killing dvd players etc

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TJR
Zoro,

The Denon uses a NEW Mistubishi decoder that does not have the chroma bug.
You are correct that this is a new chip, but I think that the Chroma bug will disappear from the Pioneers as well. Pioneer has shown little interest in fixing this problem, but if the supplier of their chip- Mits.- can easily provide a CUE-free chip, then there is absolutely no reason that Pioneer would not take it. I think the issue is that Pioneer has been too careless to make Mits fix the problem; Denon has gotten it fixed and now Pioneer will take advantage.

By the way, it sounds like an awesome player. I truly hope that Pioneer gives me a reason to look into their players again.

Also, something has to be done about their de-interlacing. Perhaps, as Secrets suggests, they will finally take the one off their Elite RPTVs and stop using the same crappy de-interlacer that has existed in their players for quite some time.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David600
said to use 216Mhz video converters, progressive scan ntsc and pal, HMDI output (video and audio, but compatible DVI video)
The were supposed to deliver a really, really nice universal player to replace the AX10 many months ago that has never materialized. Is this ze chosen vone, David?:) Best wishes DTS Man!

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
If you use the DVI out then the DAC does not matter because it is not used. A 100-bit 2 GHz DAC cannot match the quality of DVI. The Bravo D1 proves that. It is stunning when all is well. The Avia sharpness pattern is virtually perfect. The only thing that looks better is the original image prior to MPEG encode.

The new rev of the Mits decoder that Denon is using is pin-for-pin compatible with what is in the Pioneer players. They could easily swap out if they want to. There is no reason that any players from Pioneer should have the problem anymore, even current players. (new production runs of current players that is.) Does this mean they will fix it? No, but I hope they do. People spend a lot of money on Pioneer players and deserve to get their moneys worth.

We test for 4 possible variations of the chroma problem. The new chip fails one of those cases, which is the 3-2 Alt. flag. Many recent Disney titles like Monsters Inc and Beauty and the Beast are like this. In this case, the chroma flashes at you. In one frame it is corrent and the next incorrect, this results in a strobe like flash of chroma. The Krell has the same issue but is masked if you use the 480p out.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
sspears!! how pioneer can fix, combing on bad dvd, due to deinterlacing issues?

May I request an audio review on 47ai and 45a..thnx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.