AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about Pioneer introducing new models soon?

I have decided to buy a 533HD & every retailer I checked does not have any in stock & are not backordering, which means new models soon.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
New Pioneer Elite models are coming in the fall. Don't know about regular Pioneer. Do not want to know either. The Elite pictures are substantially better than the non Elites.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response.

I was under the impression there were not substantial differences between the non -elite & elite models.

Consumer Reports & Home Theater Magazine both had the 533HD5 rated #1.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mike, go look at them. All I can say is WOW to the Elites.....there IS a difference.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Maybe the people who sell the Elites bother to calibrate them. On the other hand can you see BestBuy calibrating a TV?

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I have had both in my store and have had both calibrated. The Elites are better. The non-Elites are not acceptable to me. Still for the money they are better than many others for the same money.

The specs are the same. However I believe certain critical parts are better. I've lost tract if the lenses are better. I believe the insides are blacker and I think the screen is better too. Still both appreciate an external processor. The one inside either just doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mark, Where are you getting your information concerning the new elites ? I am not aware of any official statements. It's almost June. The current 20 series only started shipping in quantity a few months ago. Sony's lag time from announcement to production if often 6 or more months. If you know something no one else does please share. Peter

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
The 20 series has been around for quite some time now. The 520's have been and still are in short supply. I was told by people in sales who work for Pioneer that new models are coming this fall. Maybe they do not know. I do not know what new features the next model series will have or whether the picture will be improved. I suspect the deinterlacer will be improved. I really do not know much here. Maybe I will learn more at CEDIA in late Sept.

Would I wait. Not me. With an external scaler the set is real good the way it is. Good enough for me and I am very very picky.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to Pioneer cs rep who stated the new elite & non-elite models will be released in the next 2 - 4 weeks, definitely before the end of June.

Does anyone know the specs on the new models? If there is not a significant change, I might buy one of the discontinued models & save some $.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Is there any new update? I am supposed to get 520 delivered to me by next week but placed it on hold based on the info I have read here.

Any confirmation if x30 series are out by June or in fall? I have also told my dealer to enquire...

Any info will be appreciated :)

Cheers,

Kishore

·
Registered
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kishore
Is there any new update? I am supposed to get 520 delivered to me by next week but placed it on hold based on the info I have read here.
I'm also wondering the same thing. It turns out that my buyers club DOES carry the entire Pioneer line (Sure, call it U.S. Pioneer so it's alphabetically under U :rolleyes: ), and I'd sure like to get the latest. However, nothing that I've seen indicates anything earlier than this fall, other than a message from someone here (I forget who) saying 1 or 2 more weeks! I can't confirm it however anywhere else.

Ron

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Pioneer is demoing it's new products for dealers right now. But I have no idea what that has to do with shipping.

Mark

·
Registered
Dedicated movie room with front projection and 7.1 surround.
223 Posts
Just got the new Pioneer ELite price sheets and there's nothing yet about new models. If it's happening, it'll most likely be in the fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.