Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

A few years ago I was looking into getting a Pioneer Elite Pro-1000 I think it was called. However after reading many reviews on how the pioneer has problems with black colors being displayed.

It also was said to be horrible for sports because there would be a trailing ghosting effect with fast motion usually associated with sports(especially tennis)

I was wondering if the new generation of Pioneers are still plagued with these problems or if they have been corrected in the new model.

IF anyone here keep us to date with pioneer Plasma information, please let me know.

I'm kind of thinking about either pioneer or Panasonic 50 inch plasma. I can't decide which is better.

Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Network_guy
Hello.

A few years ago I was looking into getting a Pioneer Elite Pro-1000 I think it was called. However after reading many reviews on how the pioneer has problems with black colors being displayed.

It also was said to be horrible for sports because there would be a trailing ghosting effect with fast motion usually associated with sports(especially tennis)

I was wondering if the new generation of Pioneers are still plagued with these problems or if they have been corrected in the new model.

Thanks.
Never really noticed problems with fast motion sceneson Pioneer Plasmas.

Black levels still the same.

Except, the new Elite Models have a darker filter that should improve black levels a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Unfortunately Pioneer did not give too much thought to the "Black Levels".

Read Rich Harkness post, which is about a month old now, about the Pioneers. He gave a in-depth review.

It still falls in the Lights on Pioneer, Lights off Panasonic.

Good luck.

Dave

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you have noise reduction on, sports will ghost, especially if on HIGH. I run sports with NR OFF and it looks great on my Pioneer 4300 (a derivative of the 433CMX). I have found no need at all for NR on things like NFL playoffs and most HDTV. With some HDTV material, particularly generally dark scenes, NR helps reduce dancing pixels in the shadows. I will agree that the the Pio panels are not as good as Panny blacks, at least out of the box. But you need to A/B the panels and see how they match up overall.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.