AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inquired about whether the new pioneer elite sets would have any type of 5c/dvi interface or at least be upgradeable in the future and this was their response.

Inquiry: I have been planning for some time to buy the pioneer 620 when it comes out. However with the debate going on about dvi/5c i am alarmed as to whether the 620 will have an interface for these devices which direct tv is imbracing. Will the 620 have this type of hookup up, or at least the potential to be upgraded to this type of hookup? I greatly appreciate any info on this

Reply:

Hello,

I was inquiring about this for another customer earlier this week, and the engineer informed me that, no, these sets will neither have the interface nor the potential to be upgraded for it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
This is what I have heard as well, which has pretty much paused my burning desire to pick up a 720 as soon as they hit the stores. I assume that this situation will be resolved in short order (via a 730 release?) and I will make my move then.

Sorry if this doesn't show the proper HDTV patriotism, but I will be stuck with any misguided purchase for at least 5 years in wife-shelf-time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.