AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have finally gotten around to taking a pic of my new HT setup. I could not be happier with my Plasma setup. (I would probably like to raise the plasma up a few inches higher)

The Panny 42" HD is just great. I have no need for DVI currently, but being a computer person who spends all their time in front of a computer I am very conscious of "Screen Door" effect so I wanted the extra pixels of the HD.

My apartment has relatively thin walls so there was no way I could get away with larger speakers than the Gallos. I will probably upgrade the center at some point to a Due and move the center to the rear.

The unsightly cable that crosses the bookcase is to my little RCA amplified TV antenna. I am in downtown Seattle but the reception absolutely sucks. Being used to my NY apartment this is quite a surprise. I do manage to get Fox and WB OTA HD but that means some ED and a tiny bit of actual HD content. The little HD I have watched has been absolutely wonderful on the Panny. I could only wish there was some way to allow it to do Just and Zoom on HD content rather than locking into Full.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very nice setup. I like the fact that the plasma is low enough to avoid the high angle viewing that many setups seem to require (such as above a fireplace). I'm currently in the process of re-doing the wall my plasma will be on to get the same kind of result. I know many say that the high mounting is something you get used to, but it seems to me that if you have to use the words 'get used to', you've made some sort of compromise already. The low-angle seems both more comfortable and natural, and to me at least, imparts a sense of intimacy that you don't get when you're looking higher up the wall at an image. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tend to agee with you. I hate having to look up just to see the picture. comfortably. Currently, the height of my couch means that my eye level is right at the top of the plasma so a few inches would put it perfectly smack in the middle. I just loved everything else about this Ikea TV Table. It had room for all my components and is on wheels making it easy to get to cables in the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.