AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very basic question. How do I best remove a 42" TV from the box? Can it be laid flat on the floor for a brief moment, and then drawn out? What's best? I know it's been done many times before, I'm just a bit cautious about it being a plasma. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
From the bias that occurs here if it's not a Panasonic or Pioneer don't bother to take it out of the box at all...take it back.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanski /forum/post/15451348

From the bias that occurs here if it's not a Panasonic or Pioneer don't bother to take it out of the box at all...take it back.

True, in fact some claim that the Pioneer has better PQ while in the box than other plasmas look on a tv stand

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Almost allboxes have clips on the bottom. You unclip them releasing the locks so the top of the box can be lifted straight up. You are then left with the bottom section of the box with foam that the plasma sits in. Then with another person just lift it up and out. You can also attach wall mounts to it while it's standing up right.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/15451364

True, in fact some claim that the Pioneer has better PQ while in the box than other plasmas look on a tv stand

Don't sweat it nolanski. I guess you're starting to know what this forum is all about

tenashus1, remember to make sure there are at least 2 of you. You don't wanna mess up your new plasma trying to play macho

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
These new tv's are pretty light but I definitely wouldn't lift it by myself if it's bigger than 50". You definitely want 2 people just because of the width and bulkiness of the sets.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasrbeast /forum/post/15451316

Lift it out with two people! Most now (at least, Panasonics) have handles on the bottoms. DO NOT LAY IT FLAT!

Now you mention that! I was by myself when I assembled my set. I reached into the box and lifted it out. Of course it was a pain in the butt to do it but I was desperate to get it setup.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
If lifting it out is a problem, cut the side of the box away.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenashus1 /forum/post/15451248

Very basic question. How do I best remove a 42" TV from the box? Can it be laid flat on the floor for a brief moment, and then drawn out? What's best? I know it's been done many times before, I'm just a bit cautious about it being a plasma. Thanks.

For my Panasonic Viera C42-HD18, I cut open the handles, then lifted off the side since the box wanted my to turn it upside down. When I assebled it, I layed it on my couch display front, the screen could do a good beating with nothing.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.whatshisname /forum/post/15759633

For my Panasonic Viera C42-HD18, I cut open the handles, then lifted off the side since the box wanted my to turn it upside down. When I assebled it, I layed it on my couch display front, the screen could do a good beating with nothing.

Why not just follow the f-ing instructions on the box?

·
Registered
67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenashus1 /forum/post/15451248

Very basic question. How do I best remove a 42" TV from the box?

Thanks for the laughs!!!
My family and I are still laughing.

Really, you should be a writer for Jay Leno. LOL

·
Registered
3,713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/15451364

If it is indeed a Pioneer, simply snip the staples on the top and fold back the flaps. Say "Abracadabra" and...Voila! The display will levitate itself up out of the box.

If it's a Panasonic, do the same thing and the infamous Panasonic "floating blacks" will take care of the rest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts