AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my PLV-70 for a couple of weeks and have been enjoying it since. What a great projector! Got a couple of questions where manual doesn't explain things clearly or fully.

1. I have 480I, 1080I and 480P going to the projector. In the SYSTEM menu, I select Auto Select and all work well. Where does/can the projector indicate what signal it is receiving?

2. I don't understand the 'Auto Picture Control' in the IMAGE LEVEL ADJUSTMENT menu. How does it work and should I choose OFF, L1 or L2?

3. What does Progressive Scan in the IMAGE LEVEL ADJUSTMENT menu do?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Congratulations on your purchase! Welcome to the club.

Did you mean 1080i?

I'm looking forward to the answers, too.

It's a slow holiday weekend. It may take awhile for the guys to get back online, so be patient.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
1. If it's not on "auto" it will show mode where "auto" was in the menu. I havn't found a need to change it, leave it in AUTO.

2. I choose Off as I want to completely be free of factory pre-sets. The control changes gamma and color at the least, maybe more.

3. ?? Turn's on and off P-scan. You can see the change best on small text.

My opinion on these controls are mine alone. Other owners may have done more experimentation or use more input's than I do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks JimmyR. P-Scan On certainly improves the sharpness of fine details. However, I looked into your answer to my first question but there doesn't seem to be any change in the sequence of signals when 'Auto' is not on.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Yes, That's correct. Should have been clearer. The Sanyo doesn't report what signal it's receiving. If you choose "Auto" everything is "automatic" :). If you choose another specific setting it "lock's" to only recognize that signal. At least that's how it work's with component input. Other input's "may" act differently and I haven't had occasion or a need to use them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.