AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this forum for awhile now and I think I know enough now to be dangerous. Before I start, thanks for all of your great ideas thus far. There are obviously a lot of smart folks on this forum.

I am starting my plan to finish off a room over a garage that to me seems perfect for a home theater. The main advantage(s) are size - 16ft wide by 34ft long and it is unfinished so it is basically a blank canvas. It has a window on each end that I don't mind covering. The main disadvantage is a pitched roof that is about 7ft 4in high (The flat ceiling is about 4 feet wide before it slopes down to the walls that are about 5 feet high).

One thing I haven't seen addressed directly is the optimum length of the room. Would I be better off putting up a wall to make the length of the room shorter (around 22-24 feet)? I can see how dividing it would also give me an advantage of an extra room outside of the theater for a bar etc.

Also, I have a question about folks with their projectors and equipment behind the seating. What have you done about the heat buildup if you are putting this in an enclosed space? I would think the projectors especially would be vulnerable to this.

I have a feeling this is going to be a long project. Looks like most folks in here have made it a lifelong project :)

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.