AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dan I have this site saved but I can never find the prices, could you tell me where you got a price? Pioneer ususually doesn't put price tags on their site, they make you go elseware to find the price tag. I like some websites Pioneer is not one of them. I think Sony has a nice web site at least they give you a MSRP on every item unlike Pioneer. I have Pioneer CD player they make a good product but pricey. Their first DVD-R the Sv-1 cost $17,500 then came another at $7,500, $5,700 and now what you say $649.

I would say it's time as my service menu says that my player can play DVD-R but not RW. I can get those cheap dvds that Hob put on $6.99, If you screw up at least it won't cost your $29.95 off of J & R music.The dude had some good URLs too bad he got mad after somebody told him his girl friend was named "Violet Fluorescent as she glowed in the dark" I don't think that was right to put him down that way.

He shared some good stuff, I tried to e-mail him, but he must have changed his screen name, not that I blame him. It was a flame not deserved IMO Violet Florescent

yeah right. IMO we lost a good member that shared, I tried to put some DVD stuff on what did I get "Hey man I think your spamming". I deleted that post, now anyone that wants that page can go scrach for it.

Hob if your reading this come back, I won't give you any hard time your my kind of guy.:)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zed3
Their first DVD-R the Sv-1 cost $17,500 then came another at $7,500, $5,700 and now what you say $649.
Pioneer still sells a DVD-R for $5,700. The difference between the two is one is for authoring and the other is "DVD General". As far as I've been able to learn, the only difference is the more expensive one can write the Macrovision bit and CSS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.