Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walton's clubhouse, 503CMX.

Domino Card Games

One of the fads in the sixties or seventies was to convert card games to domino games. It seems to have started with Texas 42, or 42 for short. Allthough Texas 42 was the first card game to become as a domino game, it was by no means the first card game to be converted to domino.

·
Registered
355 Posts
OK, I'll bite. Where is Walton's Clubhouse?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I don't understand what this post is about vis a vis a new price point for anything. :confused:

Help!

·
Registered
739 Posts
he lost me

·
Registered
538 Posts
Maybe Walton's clubhouse is referring to Sam's Club and they have a really good deal on the 503CMX. I haven't been in a while, but I don't think they carry Pioneer so I'm probably wrong.

The whole domino thing is obviously some clever code for how to get the discount at Sam's Club. Texas 42 is telling us that it's a Sam's in Texas. :confused: Yeah, that's it. That's right. Yep.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wait till this summer and the price of many 50" plasma monitors will be around 5k bec of price pressure from rear projection big screen HDTV and monitors. Walmart's website now carries a 42" HD Sanyo plasma TV (? Hitachi 1024x1024 glass) in the low 4k range. All merchandise once it gets to Walmart has a significant price drop bec of Walmart's size , clout and lowest price policy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
All merchandise once it gets to Walmart has a significant price drop bec of Walmart's size , clout and lowest price policy!
Not true, sam's had a philips 42fd9935 for about $1000 less than walmart's website had it for.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, 4.2.

Wasn't trying to be difficult, just compliant....

I know it is a closeout, but it is still an impressive price point.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by superflysocal
Not true, sam's had a philips 42fd9935 for about $1000 less than walmart's website had it for.
Sam's club is owned by Walmart!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sam's tells me that if I had the item number then they could tell me all the clubs that carry the item. Is there a specific store in Texas that would know this item number?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sams Club SKU for the 503CMX is 721518 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
A closeout is not the same as "new price point for mainstrem 50" HD plasmas", is it?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rogo, I see your point. I guess I could have said new price point for a new-in-the-box, not scratched or dented, two year old model, great plasma in its time, still really good plasma now just without DVI or HDMI, limited quantity (I guess, when I posted I assumed it was readily available) mainstream plasma .... :)

I certainly did not mean to be misleading and I hope it will "cause" a new price point .... just trying to let folks know the possible...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I called Sam's and they have the following 503's in stock:

Austin, TX 3 units

Houston, TX 2

Reno, NV 2

Valdosta, GA 4

Great Falls, MT 2

South Point, OH 2

Fairmont, WV 3

Douglas-ville, GA 2

Laughton, OK 2

Greenville, SC 3

If anyone looks into the possibility of an interstore transfer please share with me what you find out. I am no where near any of these stores and since I am not yet a member haven't taken the next step of trying to negotiate having one shipped.

They said that the clearance price varied by store. They said an interstore transfer might be possible perhaps with the buyer paying the shipping.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Okay, now stop teasing me that 50" HD plasmas will be selling for $5,000 by summer. A Gateway, maybe, but a Panasonic? I wish.

Dsmith

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Remember, those inventory counts are inaccurate and usually overestimate reality. Anyone interested should call the store and ask them to verify by walking the floor to verify availability. Your local Sam's should do it for you and perhaps help negotiate the transfer. The membership is cheap. If anyone finds one this way, you owe Kai something.

Bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.