AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new price point for mainstream 50" HD plasmas

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  MarketingProf 
#1 ·
Walton's clubhouse, 503CMX.

Domino Card Games

One of the fads in the sixties or seventies was to convert card games to domino games. It seems to have started with Texas 42, or 42 for short. Allthough Texas 42 was the first card game to become as a domino game, it was by no means the first card game to be converted to domino.

#2 ·
OK, I'll bite. Where is Walton's Clubhouse?

#7 ·
Maybe Walton's clubhouse is referring to Sam's Club and they have a really good deal on the 503CMX. I haven't been in a while, but I don't think they carry Pioneer so I'm probably wrong.

The whole domino thing is obviously some clever code for how to get the discount at Sam's Club. Texas 42 is telling us that it's a Sam's in Texas. :confused: Yeah, that's it. That's right. Yep.

#10 ·
Wait till this summer and the price of many 50" plasma monitors will be around 5k bec of price pressure from rear projection big screen HDTV and monitors. Walmart's website now carries a 42" HD Sanyo plasma TV (? Hitachi 1024x1024 glass) in the low 4k range. All merchandise once it gets to Walmart has a significant price drop bec of Walmart's size , clout and lowest price policy!

#17 ·
Rogo, I see your point. I guess I could have said new price point for a new-in-the-box, not scratched or dented, two year old model, great plasma in its time, still really good plasma now just without DVI or HDMI, limited quantity (I guess, when I posted I assumed it was readily available) mainstream plasma .... :)

I certainly did not mean to be misleading and I hope it will "cause" a new price point .... just trying to let folks know the possible...

#18 ·
I called Sam's and they have the following 503's in stock:

Austin, TX 3 units

Houston, TX 2

Reno, NV 2

Valdosta, GA 4

Great Falls, MT 2

South Point, OH 2

Fairmont, WV 3

Douglas-ville, GA 2

Laughton, OK 2

Greenville, SC 3

If anyone looks into the possibility of an interstore transfer please share with me what you find out. I am no where near any of these stores and since I am not yet a member haven't taken the next step of trying to negotiate having one shipped.

They said that the clearance price varied by store. They said an interstore transfer might be possible perhaps with the buyer paying the shipping.

#19 ·
Okay, now stop teasing me that 50" HD plasmas will be selling for $5,000 by summer. A Gateway, maybe, but a Panasonic? I wish.

Dsmith

#20 ·
Remember, those inventory counts are inaccurate and usually overestimate reality. Anyone interested should call the store and ask them to verify by walking the floor to verify availability. Your local Sam's should do it for you and perhaps help negotiate the transfer. The membership is cheap. If anyone finds one this way, you owe Kai something.

Bill

#21 ·
Kind of fun to decode. All this speaking in code reminds me of the early James Bond movies.

Maybe we will develop our own lingo to discuss current plasma pricing trends. kind of like Nostradamus's' coded writings :) and people will spend hours trying to decipher what these things are now selling for.

#22 ·
"A Gateway, maybe, but a Panasonic?"

The new consumer Panasonic will MSRP for $8500.... I'm sure someone can extrapolate what that might be at a discount retailer.

The existing commercial Panasonic can be had for $6,000, I thought on the AVS Forum special listed here... $5,000 doesn't seem totally farfetched in the fall.

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
The new consumer Panasonic will MSRP for $8500.... I'm sure someone can extrapolate what that might be at a discount retailer.

The existing commercial Panasonic can be had for $6,000, I thought on the AVS Forum special listed here... $5,000 doesn't seem totally farfetched in the fall.
If I traded my old Avalon for a new one it was going to cost me $350/month. At the time I figured that if I could postpone buying the new Avalon and just drive my old Avalon (all paid for) about 2 more years, I would pay for my Fujitsu P50.

But, with these lower prices, I figure if I postpone buying a new Lexus, I need to only drive the Avalon an extra 8 months and I can get that Panny for the living room.

Better yet, I've finally decided that I'm not going to buy that Ferrari and then I can get that new Fujitsu 55" next month! :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.