Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Has anyone heard any news regarding prismasonics new lenses that are listed on their website. I wonder how the new lenses compairs to their old ones and to the ISCO III.

Anamorphic lens

Model H-600M

(Manual controlled, Horizontal stretch, Anti-Reflection, Adjustable prism stops)

Model H-600R

(Remote controlled, Horizontal stretch, Anti-Reflection, Adjustable prism stops)

Model H-1200M

(Manual controlled, Horizontal stretch, Acromatic, Anti-Reflection, Adjustable prism stops)

Model H-1200R

(Remote controlled, Horizontal stretch, Acromatic, Anti-Reflection, Adjustable prism stops)

/Rikard

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Placed an order for a H-1200M yesterday.

Waitin', waitin', waitin' for an acknowledgement.

Hopin', hopin', hopin' that these new lenses are actually on the shelf.

BTW, the M(anual) versions are upgradable to R(emote controlled) versions. At least that's what I've been told by the company.

ps: Acromatic s/b Achromatic. That Finnish to English dictionary needs updating. :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Placed an order for a H-1200M yesterday.

Waitin', waitin', waitin' for an acknowledgement.

Hopin', hopin', hopin' that these new lenses are actually on the shelf.

BTW, the M(anual) versions are upgradable to R(emote controlled) versions. At least that's what I've been told by the company.

ps: Acromatic s/b Achromatic. That Finnish to English dictionary needs updating. :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Just saw their site updated showing motorized versions as "Coming Soon".

Hope that means the manual versions are "Here Now".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations!

You have to post a review of the lens when you have recieved it.

Wow my fifth post, I guess I´am licensed to spam now. :)

I´ll guess I have to get back to work now before I´am fired.

/Rikard

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll add a section for this in the FAQ.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gilvey
Cool! While you wait for your 7210, perhaps you could hook it up to your 4805? ;)
Truth to tell Jack, I now have possession of a 7210. :D :D :D If it had the same offset as the 4805, I'd switch it out in a heartbeat in my old HT room. But that would mean setting up a 2nd (temporary) mount, cabling, etc., etc. I may wait until the new HT room at least is wired and has new drywall up (about 2 weeks). Imagine that? Patience! I must be getting old ...

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Anything else different about the new Prismasonics? I wanted to get the H1000 but I found out it wouldn't work with my HS10 because the lens is recessed into the projector body too far.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey JDLIVE

Does that mean I'm screwed with a HS20 and prismasonics too?

How much surface area does the lens require and what else is there far a HS10 20?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elm_sd
Hey JDLIVE

Does that mean I'm screwed with a HS20 and prismasonics too?

How much surface area does the lens require and what else is there far a HS10 20?
I am guessing that is the case, I was ready to buy an H1000, but I found a post from an HS20 owner saying he had to return his to Prismasonic and the reason was the recessed lens. Maybe the ISCO III would work, but it's too much $$$ for me, so I haven't investigated. I couldn't see buying a lens that costs more than my PJ.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks JD

I just got a responce confirming that over at the prismasonics forum saying that it would be to far away, will look for something else.

thanks

Best Regards

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi everyone,

Here are photos of the H-1200R/600R lens, remote controller, as well as the 12 volts AC/DC adaptor. They are still without printings, but othervise they will be looking like those.

The operation of lens is very simple. The other button of remote stretches the image to 2.35:1 and the other squeezes it back to pass through mode. Also all the other aspects between those are possible to make. There are adjustable stops for the prisms so that every one can fine adjust stretch/pass to match one's own screen/setup perfectly, and after tuning the switching the modes will be very quick to be operated. This fine adjusting is done by turning the screw open or close in its holder. Those stops are presented in other photo. The same stops are included also to the manual H-1200M model, to make the adjusting easier.

http://www.prismasonic.com/kuvia/H1200R.JPG

http://www.prismasonic.com/kuvia/H1200R_2.JPG

The power for the lens unit is fed by the 12 volts adaptor. The motors and the receiver board eat so much power that the battery solution was not possible. The motors are very silent. It takes about 3 seconds to go from end to end. This speed enables you also to stop the prisms quite accurate for example to 2.00:1 position.

Remote controller uses 12 volts battery. It has two powerfull IR leds, and can be controlled from the distance of about 12-15 meters from remote, via screen, to lens unit. If one has an universal remote controller, it is possible to IR learn it.

The new remote models will be available in about 1-2 weeks from now. We will arrange a new AVS powerbuy soon.

best regards,

Anssi Leppanen

Prismasonic

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Same question here, I've been told by Anssi and Alan a few weeks ago, that one may be coming over the next month. I'm in the middle of my new HT remodeling and might make adjustments if I could afford a H500 or H1000 :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.