AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I'm soon to take delievery of my Panasonic AE2000 and was planning on pairing it with the Prismasonic H-FE1500R lens. On placing my order with my Australian distributor I recieved the following email response...

""I regret to advise you that Prismasonic has discontinued the HFE1500 series lenses due to a new and improved model release toward the end of February.

As a result, stock for the 1500 series (new & b-stock) is no longer available, and regrettibly we are unable to fulfil your order request for a HFE1500R lense.

Very little information regarding this new model (HD 5000), and price, etc has been given to us at this stage, though i suspect we'll be given full details in the coming weeks.

Unfortunately it was only after we submitted your order request lense that Prismasonic informed us they had exhausted all supplies and were discontinuing this lense.

Once we have received the information regarding this new lense i will let you know the pricing and full details.""

Is this old news??? I searched the forums but found nothing?

Can anyone shed some light???

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Hopefully Ansi will chime in soon, but Prismasonic have been talking about releasing a larger version for some time. I think you will find that bigger glass prisms means a price increase...

Mark

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
wtf? I just bought an fe-1500r (from avs) and haven't even hooked it up yet and you're saying there's a new model coming. grrrr...I would have waited.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here is the information I recieved from Prismasonic concerning the new lens...

- It will be slightly larger (prism area) to allow for more applications and shorter throws

- It will be very simular is optic performance

- It will be +/- 20% more expensive...

Mark

·
Registered
2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bogg /forum/post/13007663

wtf? I just bought an fe-1500r (from avs) and haven't even hooked it up yet and you're saying there's a new model coming. grrrr...I would have waited.

Me too. Waiting on Red C3X 1080P, for which the FE 1500R is reported to be a VERY tight fit. Should have waited and got lens when the PJ shipped. Oh well, we never know what the future will bring, and I didn't think the wait for the Red C3X would be this long.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well if the 1500 with work for your setup it sounds like you saved a few hundred dollars over this new, soon to be, optically similar lens so don't be too disappointed.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
We only found out about it recently. From what I understand (and I don't know how much I can say), it is a larger version (thus works with shorter throw projectors), but more money as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The new lens is up on the Prismasonic website

In Australia i'm looking at roughly an extra $1100 compared to the old H-FE1500R...

Hope it's worth the price hike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm only an occasional reader of this forum, I got some info about HD5000 already on Jan 8th, I then thought it was well known fact/old news here. Reading this thread I can now see that this was not the case, bummer - sorry for not posting earlier.

On Jan 8th I inquired with Prismasonic about any possibilities to demo the H-FE1500 in Finland. I then learned about the upcoming HD-5000 model. This is the info I got from Anssi on Jan 8th in an eMail:

HD-5000 series - Improvements over H-FE1500 series:

Slightly larger optics, enables throw ratio >= 1.6

No chromatic aberration at all

Stand where height and tilt can be adjusted separately

The info is indeed up on Prismasonic's web site now, it can be found on their products order page, a brief product description is also available. It basically confirms the above info sent by Anssi on Jan 8th when I asked about the H-FE1500. Tech specs for the HD-5000 was not yet on their spec page when I posted this. All the existing info on their WEB site about the HD-5000 must be fairly fresh, I think I checked as late as yesterday for any news about it and there was nothing there then.

/Mikael

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hello All!

Here is the first photo of the new HD-5000R lens.

The deliveries will start in the end of next week.

The main improvements over the H-FE1500 series.

- accepts ~20% bigger beams (throw ratios down to 1.5)

- No chromatic aberration at all in a working throw range

- New, more professional table stand, which is based on the friction hold and thus does not need any thumb wheels to lock the height/tilt. Also the lens is always in perfect horizontal level due to the cylinder rails of the stand

1 - 20 of 107 Posts