AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running PowerDVD 7.3.2611 and AnyDVD 6.1.5.5 and an HDCP monitor.

Everything should be working perfectly, right? wrong!

I'm running all the equipment through a Marantz HDMI switching reciever and getting an HDCP error message:

"Your monitor is an HDCP Repeater. It is prohibited from displaying protected content. Error code 0106".

This is happening for REGULAR DVD ONLY. Blu-Ray plays perfectly! When I plug the PC directly to the monitor, the problem goes away!

Other than this issue, everything else works perfectly...

Shouldn't AnyDVD be taking care of this--even though it is a bogus error message?

·
Registered
676 Posts
It is my understanding that AnyDVD has nothing to do with HDCP. PowerDVD handles the HDCP issues. AnyDVD strips the disk from the AACS protection. As a result of that PowerDVD decides that it's OK to play it without requiring HDCP handshake between the monitor and the video card, because it sees the disk as unprotected content. Obviously PowerDVD has an issue with your HDMI switcher and errors out - it looks like it checks for some sort "illegal repeater" regardless of whether the content is protected or not. Just another Cyberlink bug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.