AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm getting a new projector for my Home Theater Room (Optoma H77). That's the good news. The bad news is, table mounting may not end up being the best option, like it is for my NEC LT150. It also doesn't look like mounting it in the rear of the room is going to be an option, since the throw isn't long enough. That leaves the ceiling. Problem is, the ceiling is stuccoed concrete. I'm not at all looking forward to drilling holes in that. So, what exactly are my options? The room is about 11 x 19.

Jason

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello:

I don't think drilling holes in concrete is too hard. You could rent a percussion drill from your local RentAll outfit. There are concrete anchors at home Depot that would secure your mount.

My only other thought is to get a plank, say 2 x 12 x 11 ft and place it on the ceiling supported at each end from below with say a 2 x 12" board screwed to the wall. I hope this is clear.

Regards,

Ricahrd

·
Registered
752 Posts
Buy a concrete bit for your drill from home depot the same time you get the anchors. I have not done this on a ceiling but have done it for steel fencing around a concrete patio and it worked great. I would think it would work just as well in the ceiling.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Think you're going to be more concerned about hiding the wires than using a few red heads to hold the PJ in the concrete.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by premierht
Think you're going to be more concerned about hiding the wires than using a few red heads to hold the PJ in the concrete.
Well, I know I'm going to have problems with cable management as well, but just one thing at a time. :D

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait until I get the projector in to see what the best option is, and probably ask some local advice about drilling into concrete and anchors.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.