AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not sure how much stock to take into this. I just compared that Epson 8350 vs the Epson 8700UB and the 8350 looks much more vibrant in the comparison. I've seen both in person and the 8700UB is superior. I think that could throw a lot of people off if they use this as their only comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrke1 /forum/post/19590834

Not sure how much stock to take into this. I just compared that Epson 8350 vs the Epson 8700UB and the 8350 looks much more vibrant in the comparison. I've seen both in person and the 8700UB is superior. I think that could throw a lot of people off if they use this as their only comparison.

I've seen them both in person too and while I agree the 8700ub has better blacks, and FI is handy for some material, I doubt most people (read: people who don't read this forum) would be able to tell much of a difference.

Also the 8350 is hands-down brighter, this coming from someone who's seen them on the same screen in the same room with the same modes. Brighter doesn't mean better, but it is brighter all the same and that may be what the demo room is really showing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Totally worthless...especially when 80% of the projectors are discontinued.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts