AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Black Panther 4k

I'm not as good as some of you are taking these photos it's like this isn't really what I'm seeing. Picture looks extremely amazing. I even tried to pull out my old dlsr camera but I totally forgot how to work it. and it makes the pictures look blown out so I'll just post these for my cell phone.
I like it it's really nice and big improvement over what I had before. You have to see it In person. Makes me weary of reviews of picture quality if they don't have the right equipment A special thanks to Chad b for making my equipment truly come to life.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
Black Panther 4k

I'm not as good as some of you are taking these photos it's like this isn't really what I'm seeing. Picture looks extremely amazing. I even tried to pull out my old dlsr camera but I totally forgot how to work it. and it makes the pictures look blown out so I'll just post these for my cell phone. I like it it's really nice and big improvement over what I had before. You have to see it In person. Makes me weary of reviews of picture quality if they don't have the right equipment A special thanks to Chad b for making my equipment truly come to life.
Those pictures illustrate the impact of what you are seeing perfectly well.
As for your DSLR, just start practicing with it.
I did some phone v SLR pics on the old thread and the proper camera made them look a lot more natural and far less processed.
But this is a thread for celebration and enjoyment. Both things are much needed right now.

Reactions: Cashuout

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
The Police - Certifiable (2008). Took a few weeks to arrive from the UK but I got a chance to watch this last night. Most excellent. The video was 1080i and audio was just terrific. Subwoofers go boom. :)
IMG_5027.jpeg
IMG_5023.jpeg
IMG_5028.jpeg
IMG_5031.jpeg
IMG_5034.jpeg

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Funny you posted images from the Police, I went to see a concert with both Sting and Paul Simon together. It opened with Sting doing some of his own stuff and also Police songs and then Paul Simon came on and did his own song and at the end of the evening did the Simon and Garfunkel stuff with Sting as Garfunkel, up to that point I always enjoyed Sting but never really class him at a great singer.... only up to that point because he was bloody amazing, his Bridge over troubled waters was magical and brought the house down.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
Funny you posted images from the Police, I went to see a concert with both Sting and Paul Simon together. It opened with Sting doing some of his own stuff and also Police songs and then Paul Simon came on and did his own song and at the end of the evening did the Simon and Garfunkel stuff with Sting as Garfunkel, up to that point I always enjoyed Sting but never really class him at a great singer.... only up to that point because he was bloody amazing, his Bridge over troubled waters was magical and brought the house down.
Nahhhhh, Demolition Man was his best work..... ;)

Reactions: tnaik4

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Demolition Man......
I was watching that movie again the other day. Its been awhile, but its freaky how our world today has so subtly become like the Demolition Man future world.
Funny how they saw a lot of those little stupid things coming, well I would say more sadly. Still I always enjoyed that movie, a fun watch.
Yeah, it isn't a long shot to see how it could all happen even back then.

·
Registered
183 Posts
2 seconds to load it up. It's got nothing to do with how quick. It's just so much easier. I still watch films with my Panasonic UB420. I only put the ones that I will watch again on my Zidoo uhd3000. My wife will only watch a film once. I could watch them over and over again.
Sorry everyone for bringing this back, but I got curious and I had to ask @nucky:
- how much space does it take one 4K UHD disc movie backed up on the Zidoo? (one movie that is on a 100GB disk would be better to have as a reference)

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
Probably best discussed via PM or on its own thread.... .? (y):)

Reactions: Felix_ro

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
Yeah, it isn't a long shot to see how it could all happen even back then.
And the three sea shells thing..... Did anyone ever get to the bottom (pardon the pun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) of them?
We actually have three clam shells in our toilet to see if anyone comments.......
There is loo paper in there too if course...... 😉

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Transformers The Last Knight 4K HDR

·
Registered
377 Posts
Black Panther 4k

This is my favorite movie to test out tv's/projectors and new settings/changes.

The first 20 mins have some of darkest content that is really hard to display well, and can really show you how your setup performs in low light contrast scenes, and then after that comes the super bright colors and action during the ceremony scene, and then another great contrast/color scene when they do the car chase through Korea especially on that litup bridge.

This movie makes me love my projector during the bright scenes, but makes me itch to a buy a replacement during the early scenes XD

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Hadn't seen this in a long time so got the blu ray released in 2016 on amazon ($7). I guess the 35th anniversary disk is being released in June. I don't know if its an improved transfer but I thought this was really good.

I guess the iconic frame is the second one with Ben Stein saying "Bueller, Bueller..."
IMG_5053.jpeg
IMG_5058.jpeg
IMG_5059.jpeg
IMG_5070.jpeg
IMG_5072.jpeg
IMG_5078.jpeg

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
^Absolutely LOVE that movie. :love:

Reactions: djb61230

·