AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
How did you get hold of Godzilla v Kong then?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Deepwater Horizon - Awesome movie and an event I remember. Decided to limit the images for those that haven’t seen it yet. (y)

Added this one

·
Registered
258 Posts
Deepwater Horizon - Awesome movie and an event I remember. Decided to limit the images for those that haven’t seen it yet. (y)
Hah, I just watched this a few nights ago too.
Really shines in 4K, super clear.
They buttered Mr. Jimmie up with that "safety award" to distract from the schedule recoup attempt.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
They buttered Mr. Jimmie up with that "safety award" to distract from the schedule recoup attempt.
The sound was equally awesome. Did not see the time going in which is always a good sign.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I don’t know how much better the 4K version will be but the 1080P looks pretty decent to my eyes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don’t know how much better the 4K version will be but the 1080P looks pretty decent to my eyes.
I've heard/read (cause I did not personally saw this movie, the plot didn't attract me, and the main actor neither), that the 4K UHD HDR it is named as "demo material" for the image, and that was done VERY close to the IMAX presentation. So I presume at least "some" improvement should still show, over the BD.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
I've heard/read (cause I did not personally saw this movie, the plot didn't attract me, and the main actor neither), that the 4K UHD HDR it is named as "demo material" for the image, and that was done VERY close to the IMAX presentation. So I presume at least "some" improvement should still show, over the BD.
If we are still talking about Deep water Horizon then it is a great film that gives dramatic insight to a bad environmental disaster. We enjoyed it, the 4K picture is a doozy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If we are still talking about Deep water Horizon then it is a great film that gives dramatic insight to a bad environmental disaster. We enjoyed it, the 4K picture is a doozy.
Yes, I was referring to Deep water Horizon movie, and rest assured, I knew the plot, and hated to be an IMAX presentation and not to go because of the plot and actor, and saw before trailers even in IMAX, where sure enough, looked gorgeous, but not for me... thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
258 Posts
the main actor neither
Yeah I'm not a fan of Marky Mark either, but it's near impossible to avoid watching these people as they are US Government sponsored.
Although at this point I refuse to watch any new movie with Tom Hanks. I'll do the old stuff but can't take the saturation anymore. He's no longer an actor, he's a government public relations employee.
My least favorite of the bunch is probably Matt Damon.

Another gripe: DiCaprio stars in way too many high quality films.
He does a really good job in them, but it just gets hard to not notice the person alongside the character.

Anyway that's my TED Talk thanks for reading.

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
That's why you have backups
My discs are the backups and the justification. I don't even use RAID anymore. If a file is bad, do it over.

My online copy (iTunes) is like another backup ... not a very good option. But if I lose my hearing to a significant degree they could be more interesting. :)

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
You lost me.... however he got the pix - straightened and cropped is easy.
Yeah, lol, I wasn't aware it had already been released. Thought it was later in the year.
Is it on streaming now?
If it costs extra, then I will just wait for the disc.

Reactions: Brian Hampton

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
You're indeed lost, cause @Archibald1 asked about the movie itself, not the pictures (screen-shots) taken to the movie.
I have read it is a great action film that beast the previous ones hands down, as it doesn't take itself too seriously and is just basically a glorious fist fight between the two monstrous beasts.

Reactions: Brian Hampton
421 - 440 of 507 Posts