Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm a little surprised that I haven't read something about this projector in this forum (or I missed it). Here in Belgium and Germany we have a new version of the HT200 DM, one with a Faroudja scaler builed in. (the "F" in the name!)

FINALLY, I was waiting for him. I'm liking very much the image of the LS110 and his scaler, but I still like more the SIM2 image. But with a direct comparison, you see that the HT200 scaler can't compete with the Faroudja scaler.

Until now, only the HT300 has a faroudja scaler build in, and now they put it also in his little brother. It also seems to have a reasonable price. Here it will have the same pricing (more or less) than the currently HT200 DM. The DM's price has gone down.

This projector seems to be a very good deal at a reasonable price.

Greetings from Belgium,

Marc Bosmans

HomeCinema Center ( www.adynco.com )

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Hi Mark

Yes I heard they were adding the f chip to that unit.

Because most projectors are the higher resolution most are not buying 800x600for HT use anymore. However 800x600 is popular for those buying presentation projectors. I would think anyone buying a Presentation unit to save money would want to buy this unit with all its great features for nearly the same money

·
Registered
95 Posts
This unit might be interesting especially in Europe, where HDTV is NOT a reality!!, if you don't have (and don't want to have) a HTPC.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Alan,

I don't understand very well your remark. It's a dual mode chip and models with this chips are still very popular for HT. If I look at the infocus 110 and his brothers... (or sisters?) there is still a big market for those projectors. In my opinion, this new version can be considered if they want to buy one of those models. They get the better Sim2 image, sealed optics and the electrical zoom and easily accessible aspect ratios. Of course, they have to pay a little more than the infocus.

I also have a HT300 and this is far better projector, but not everyone wants to spend that amount of money for it. For me it's a very interesting offer in that category. I think a lot of my clients will have interest for it. For most of them the HT300 is to expensive. Belgium isn't the USA..... And, of course, HDTV isn't for the (near) future in this regions.

Greetings from Belgium,

Marc Bosmans

HomeCinema Center ( www.adynco.com )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.