Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I currently have a G20, and ISCO II, an NRS on a 100"Greyhawk 16:9. The room has quite a bit of ambient light that I can't do anything about, although I do most viewing in the evening. The picture is really great and film like. Most of the viewing is 50/50 satellite TV/DVDs.

Until recently I have been watching a NEC 50 MP1 up in the bedroom. Sometimes my wife and I start a movie on the G20 and then watch the rest of it upstairs on the NEC. In doing so the greater contrast of the MP1 was always very apparant.

The MP1 was recently damaged and must now be replaced (with an NEC 50 MP2). I see from comparing specs that the contrast ratio has gone from 600 to 900. My concern is that the G20 will now look really poor by comparison, so I need advice on how to proceed with an upgrade to the main system.

The G20 was calibated by William Phelps, who took it from 250 to about 420 (right William?) and made it really sing. I am contemplating upgrading to a M2000SC or M2000SC-V which have a stated contrast ratio of 600.

Is this a good idea? Will additional calibration by William bring this projector to even greater contrast levels? Should I wait for something else to come out? I was also thinking that since viewing angle is a non-issue perhaps a FireHawk was in order.

Thanks for your kind advice.

Denny

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.