Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all LT 150 followers:

Posted today is a new Pronto ccf for the LT 150. It includes the discrete inputs, a discrete ON/OFF workaround and a nice button layout. remotecentral.com

Hammerman

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks Hammerman!

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
That's excellent, Hammerman. Yes, thanks a bunch.

While I know many of you guys are old hands at Pronto ownership I've got to tell you that I'm one excited newbie.

I've had more fun playing with this than just about anything I've ever added to my home theater. What a sweet little gadget.

p.s. only problem I've experienced is that mine wants to occasionally reboot when I'm using it. Is there a solution for that?

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 08-22-2001).]

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertWood:
only problem I've experienced is that mine wants to occasionally reboot when I'm using it. Is there a solution for that?
Hi Bob. It sounds like the battery isn't making proper contact. Are you using the pronto with the charger or without? I have had reboots happen with my Pronto only about 5 times in the past 3 years since I have used one and I think it happened simply because the batteries needed to be turned a bit to make better contact.

Reboots during use I would imagine are pretty annoying. I would make sure to go ahead and call whoever you bought the unit from just so they know. In case you may need to return it.

Hope it fixes itself somehow.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bob Wood

The TS-1000(if that's what you have) did have a spontaneous reset problem with early firmware versions. Mine did it a couple of times before I upgraded. Firmware versions are available at remotecentral.com in the files area.

------------------

--Bob

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Excellent! I got the VT540 ccf a few days ago. Glad to see that we've now got a LT150 specific version... Thanks!

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
REF,

I've got the TSU-2000 so I'm assuming I'm okay on that unless there are similiar issues with it's firmware.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
In case you all don't already know about this, Guy Kuo created a ccf that actually will allow your Pronto (in conjunction with your DVD player) to bring up any of the AVIA calibration screens with the push of a Pronto button.

Kuo created the ccf in a way which made it adaptable to DVD players other than his own so we can all use it.

Miles, fellow forum member mwan, is now my new hero. He's been helping me interface my DVD player with Kuo's ccf. THANKS, MILES.

We're now trying to get a few bugs worked out and when we do, this has to be one of the coolest things I've seen yet.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Here it is, JP. Scroll down to "Guy Kuo's AVIA ccf" http://remotecentral.com/files/sysccf-g3.htm

There's a text file that comes with the download which will explain it and how it works.

I'm in the same situation as you. I primarily use a HTPC and use my DVD player for backup. If you can make it work with your HTPC by all means let us know.

On a side note I've been wondering if I add infrared capability to my laptop (or my desktop HTPC for that matter) would I then be able to control a software DVD player with Pronto? Is that doable?

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Thanks, JP. I don't have the charger. I'll do what you suggest and make sure battery contact is good. That is a likely cause. I've had those problems with other battery powered equipment (cell phones, flashlights, etc.) so many times that I should have thought of that.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thanks Bob! I'm at work now but I will take a look to see if the ATI player or Windvd can take hotkey commands to go straight to these test patterns.

As for your question about the ir receiver. It is completely doable and many people here at AVS utilize such a setup. I was in on the powerbuy to get a Philips receiver and only the receiver to use with my htpc. This allows me to not only control all the keyboard commands but when you put the pronto into mouse mode it turns the whole lcd screen into a touchpad. You can then move your pointer wherever you want to on the screen and basically use it just like a mouse. My only regret is that I didn't get the keyboard along with the receiver. I didn't think it would be necessary but now I find myself wanting the big keyboard for more control.

I am strongly considering investing in one of the RF controlled intel keyboards/mouse/gamepad. This uses a usb receiver so it can free up my ps2 ports for the philips receiver. It looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Bob-

If you get the Micro Innovations Airboard IR keyboard, then not only can you control WinDVD / PowerDVD, but Dilard comes with a control file, Pronto ccf file, and instruction file that lets you control your projector as well as Dilard macro commands like 'PlayMovie'.

You can even engage the Dilard macros by simply inserting the DVD into the HTPC drive, then sit back and watch your system fire up; then control all HT aspects using the Pronto.

It all comes as part of Dilard with preconfigured ccf and control file, so you should be all set once you have the keyboard.

ken

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Ken,

The dickens you say. That's unreal.

Makes me wonder why anyone would want to use anything other than a PC for DVD.

p.s. for all you young folks "the dickens you say" is a hillbilly phrase (popularized by Buddy Ebsen in "The Beverly Hillbillies"). No I'm not exactly certain what it means either and I'm from the East Tennessee mountains (hillbilly country).

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 08-23-2001).]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.