AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now you can enjoy the spoils of the home entertainment experience on your PC. The ALL-IN-WONDER® VE allows you to watch TV on your computer and easily create home movies for sharing with friends and family. With 64MB DDR memory, you can also play the latest video games without any sacrifice in performance or delays.

http://mirror.ati.com/products/pc/aiwve/index.html

MSRP $130 The AIW 8500 is being discontinued, and can be had for a very good price currently, but this will be the HTPC video card to have going forward.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Why would it be "the card going forward"? Does it have anything new versus the 8500 AIW? I read that the new VE is based on the Radeon 7500, so it's 3D is definitely slower than the 8500.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes but it has the same TV chip that the AIW 9700 has, so I'm sure it's picture quality is pretty damn good...

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by L1st3r
Yes but it has the same TV chip that the AIW 9700 has, so I'm sure it's picture quality is pretty damn good...
Are you saying that there are different TV chips in these cards? I bought the 7500 AIW looking for good TV for my PJ...

So what's the differences in quality (in a technical sense)?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Heh, goto www.anandtech.com and read the review they gave of the AIW9700. It's got the same chip, but most likely some of the "video filters" won't run on this card. From what I've read, it's better. But the best thing to do is see it with your eyes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.