AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that RCA on a regular basis changes it's satellite equipment. I noticed though that beside software upgrades there has been no new version of the DTC100 since it's release. My question is will there be a new version put out soon? DTC102 or maybe DTC200, any rumours about it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I was in Radio Shack the other day for some BNC connectors and inquired about the DTC100 (which I already own). I was told they were getting rid of the store demos at a good price, so perhaps a new model is on the way.

I still think that in some ways the DTC100 is still the best of the HD receivers because of the multiple antenna inputs, instant channel changes, etc. A series 2 DTC100 that had a stronger OTA tuner, less '50s sci-fi styling, a backlit remote, a component output (but don't drop the D15, please), positive H & V sync on the HD outputs, even better upconversion of SD programming, and an integrated program guide, would be just about ideal. Throw in a slightly quieter fan, and I'd be in heaven.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I agree with your statement but I think changes to component input added will make the db15 go. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

I'am afraid that sometimes changes make a first introductory product more in demand because the follow up product was not up to par with the first unit even if they made significant changes.

Are you using the db15 yet and how so? Can you give me feedback on how it looked?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.