AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello,

My old pioneer sx-205 just died. I had it hooked up to my turntable/ipod and some Bose 141 bookshelfs. Nothing special but it got the job done. I've recently acquired a BIC F-12 sub and a pair of Bose 161 speakers for $150. I really am new to this all and just want find an entry level receiver to do the job. I have never had a sub so I don't know if there is any kind of power requirements or anything specific in a receiver I need to look for. Should I just stick with a 2.1? or now that I have the 2 extra speakers would it be worth it for me to buy center speaker and make a 5.1? I really don't want to spend more that $300 on the receiver. any suggestions?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Great. Thank you for the advice! This is probably a stupid question but if I do decide to make a 5.1 and I use my turntable and the phono connector will that work? and will these AVRs in my price range work with the subwoofer?

thank you again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.