AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to update my Pioneer Elite 45 in the near future, but need some advice on which unit to choose. I will be connecting blu-ray player, satellite receiver, and DTVPAL.

Of course it must be able to decode the higher quality sound tracks available on blu-rays discs. I would prefer a unit that has on screen display with hdmi & component connection, including volume. I would like to be able to rename each input. From here, I'm not sure what is beneficial or just over kill.......Do I need a unit that will upconvert/upscale everything to 1080P even hdmi signals? Do I need a unit that will pass hdmi signals unprocessed?

I really like the appearance of the Pioneer's, but don't know if they have the on screen display, especially the volume. Anyone know if the new releases will have this? I believe the Denon 4308 has the on screen volume, but have no idea if the 3808 does. I also read a pretty good review of the Yamaha V3900 last night, but not sure if it has the on screen voume either.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no ideas from any one??

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
How much do you want to spend? There is lots of info already out there on the Pioneers - Google can be your friend

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I don't believe any AVRs will overlay a HDMI to HDMI connection with OSD, but many will overlay analog to HDMI with OSD. The Onkyo TX-SR706 and up will fit the bill. You'll have to wait for other responses for other brands.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I read a pretty positive review about that Onkyo the other night, but there have been "popping" issues with the Onkyo units in the past.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewt /forum/post/15570851

Yes, I read a pretty positive review about that Onkyo the other night, but there have been "popping" issues with the Onkyo units in the past.

I think the popping issues when the input changes are related to not selecting a default sound field for each input stream, something that is easy to do. I did that with my 606 and never had the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts