AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a Denon AVR-2100w that's giving out -repeatedly turns on and off until I remove the casing and disconnect and reconnect the HDMI card. I'd like to buy a new receiver that's an updated equivalent or better. Reasonably future proof, 4K compatible, Alexa compatibility is ideal.

My setup: Small apartment living room. Martin Logan 35xt front speakers, ML 50xt center, MartinLogan 16LX rear speakers, ML 700 dynamo 10 inch sub. 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma TV (eventually will replace,) PS4, Turntable, 2015 27" iMac, Amazon Alexa Dot. Usage is a mixture of Blu-ray, netflix, vinyl, mp3s, and Amazon/Pandora music streaming, some gaming. I don't play anything very loud, so more concerned about audio quality than high wattage for loud output.

Open to other brands. Suggestions?

Thanks,

-David

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a Denon AVR-2100w that's giving out -repeatedly turns on and off until I remove the casing and disconnect and reconnect the HDMI card. I'd like to buy a new receiver that's an updated equivalent or better. Reasonably future proof, 4K compatible, Alexa compatibility is ideal.

My setup: Small apartment living room. Martin Logan 35xt front speakers, ML 50xt center, MartinLogan 16LX rear speakers, ML 700 dynamo 10 inch sub. 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma TV (eventually will replace,) PS4, Turntable, 2015 27" iMac, Amazon Alexa Dot. Usage is a mixture of Blu-ray, netflix, vinyl, mp3s, and Amazon/Pandora music streaming, some gaming. I don't play anything very loud, so more concerned about audio quality than high wattage for loud output.

Open to other brands. Suggestions?

Thanks,

-David
Are you willing to give Accessories4less.com a shot?
If yes, they often got great deals on refurbished AVRs from Denon to Yamaha and from Onkyo to Pioneer only if you're willing to give a refurbished receiver a shot. Best Denon deals right now are for models AVR-S930H, AVR-X1300W and AVR-X1400H

Reactions: DangerousDroid

·
Premium Member
92,805 Posts
The Denon X2400H would be a lateral move while the X3400H would upgrade to the much better Audyssey MultEQ XT32. As "H" models, both include the on board HEOS module which would allow your Echo Dot to communicate with them. Although voice commands are still in their infancy, a firmware upgrade is expected in the near future which will expand the voice command capability. Although both models have received the new DTS Virtual:X update, only the X3400H (and higher) will receive the new eARC update likely later this fall. Both models will soon be going on clearance as the newer 2018 X2500H/X3500H models are released in June/July. No details have been released yet as to new features on these 2018 models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you willing to give Accessories4less.com a shot?
If yes, they often got great deals on refurbished AVRs from Denon to Yamaha and from Onkyo to Pioneer only if you're willing to give a refurbished receiver a shot. Best Denon deals right now are for models AVR-S930H, AVR-X1300W and AVR-X1400H
I'm usually weary of refurbs, but I might look into them. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone have suggestions as far as models from competing brands? Is Denon the better brand in the x2400h/x3400h price range?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts