AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace my Onkyo Tx-Sr505 with something newer, and HDMI ready. I have Klipsch Synergy 5.1 system now, but am thinking about some new Klipsch towers and moving the front bookshelves to the back for a 7.1 system. The video is through a HD65 projector. I don't have a blu ray player yet, but will have in a couple of weeks.

When I was shopping last year, I was going to get a Onkyo 606. It seems to do everything I need it to do. Well, those are getting hard to find. Is the 607 an improvement over the older 606, or is it just newer? Also, I haven't been on the boards for quite some time now. Is there something else in this pricerange now that is better than either the 606 or the 607? I'll be buying a refurbished 606/7 so keep that in mind when pricing things.

Thanks for all the help.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
The main difference I can think of is Height or Width channels on the 607. Many can't use the rear channels in a 7.1 setup, but could use the width or height. Outside of that I think they are very similar.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly do you mean by height or width channels? Does this mean that if you don't have space for rear channels, you could put the extra two channels above the fronts or surrounds? Could you please explain this function for me?

Thanks, Jeremiah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.