AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They continue to supply new versions. This one is labeled version 2.0.1 with the date 2003-9-29. I'm downloading it right now and will be installing soon after. It is a 20 meg download. I hope a few more quirks and bugs have been fixed. This is available on the American web site at:

http://www.dvico.com/hdtv/productdownload.asp

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm leeching it now. :)

I usually check the Korean site every morning, since they usually post updates first there. Would have never noticed it on the US site. :)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If this is the same as RC1, there are fixes and enhansements (Pan and Scan for 4 by 3 screens). It has been reported though that waking from Hibernation may be broke again.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm hoping they have fixed the EPG function so that manually set programs actually record and don't just disappear by themselves.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
This time they put it on the English website and I was checking the Korean site. I'm with daredevil. If I can just get this silly thing to make recordings on time, I don't mind playing them back on another PC that runs ShowShifter and my Hauppauge 401 card.

But not being able to do that and the absence of proper drivers, well, it's a play thing now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am bumping this thread to see whether anyone who has tried it , has noticed any improvement and bug fixes, ie fix jitter with IRQ sharing, analog recoding audio fix etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by samavedy
I am bumping this thread to see whether anyone who has tried it , has noticed any improvement and bug fixes, ie fix jitter with IRQ sharing, analog recoding audio fix etc.
I've tried it and am still getting vertical jitter, and still have SPDIF problems:(

·
Registered
49 Posts
As I just got my Fusion II yesterday, this was my first experience trying out this software, so I have no reference point to compare it with.

I have a GF4Ti and initially had some problems with the 45.x detonator and dxva, downgrading to 42.90 per dvico's website fixed that. I did notice that both in software mode and in dxva, sometimes it would randomly drop frames and the cpu usage would drop from 75% to 50% at the corresponding times. Is this the irq jitter you're talking about? I used to have these kind of problems with the wintv-d due to irq sharing, when hidsrv would poll the usb. Might be the same thing. It might also however might be related to signal strength as it jumps between 15.5-17.5db, where as with wintv-d it used to be a steady 19db with the same antennae/positioning.

I scheduled CSI Miami, closed the ap, and about 30 seconds before it started airing, it opened up and proceeded to record the file fine. I did not try leaving a scheduled program and rebooting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone try to convert a .TP file to a MPG file with this version? I'm getting an error: "Connect Audio Decoder to Renderer Failed". Any one else see this behavior?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been getting the error "Connect Audio Decoder to Rendered Failed" anytime I switch to SPDIF. I posted here about a month ago, with no solution. Also have emailed DVICO and Digital Connection. DVICO said they were looking into in and Digital Connection never responded. If anyone has gotten this error and found a solution, I would be grateful to find out what was done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whenever you switch to SPDIF on your audio card? As in, when it's plugged into something else it works fine? I was wondering if converting from TP to MPEG2 used audio out on the card. Does anyone know? If so, is it not a digital stream when it's converted to MPEG2?

I actually just started having this problem, so I"m not sure what's going on. The only difference I can see is the new version of the software. Did you have this problem before the new software or always? If it's always then I must have something miscabled or something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've gotten the "Connect to Audio..." error in the past with my HDTV II. Happens when switching to S/PDIF. Doesn't happens to often but the first time I had to remove the sound card and drivers, then re-install to correct. The second time the Fusion software crashed but upon restart, S/PDIF was selected and working OK, for 10 minutes. Then I get audio dropouts. But that's another post. (have also asked DVico about it but no response yet.)

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am having terrible problems with 2.01. It tunes stations and shows the signal strength but does not display any picture. 1.9 version was working ok and I never saw this.

I also tried the driver that is on windowsupdate and with it my machine just blue screens and restarts.

Anyone else see this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bonfigleo
It tunes stations and shows the signal strength but does not display any picture.
The only times this has happened to me, is when I forget to click on the play arrow... of course I feel foolish

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I have an idea for the people having sound trouble. Try fiddling with the preferred device options and untick "Use only preferred device."

I saw this problem with Total Recorder. which would only work if it was the preferred device. I have since gotten around it, but I can't remember how.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I picked up a Fusion II on Friday. I downloaded the 2.0.1 version of the software and installed it without ever installing from the CD, so the only versions of the Fusion software I have ever installed are the demo (2.0) and full 2.0.1.

Here are the issues I have encountered, in (roughly) decreasing order of importance:

- I cannot get SPDIF sound output to work. If I choose "Stereo speakers", I do get analog output, but nothing from the SPDIF output. If I choose "SPDIF", I get no sound whatsoever. Also, if I set the Fusion software to SPDIF, it mucks something up so that I get no sounds, including wave out, via SPDIF, even after closing the Fusion program. I can make the normal SPDIF out work again by starting a DVD (in Zoomplayer) and then closing it.

I have an ASUS P4C800 and am using the on-board SoundMax audio. SPDIF pass-through of DVD audio works just fine.

- It forgets (manual) recording reservations over a reboot. I know there have been lots of complaints about disappearing reservations. Here's mine. It also seems to miss or forget reservations at random, but the reboot problem appears to be completely reproducible. (Of course, if I wasn't running this POS software, I wouldn't be rebooting that much.)

- It gets into a state where it gets an error connecting to the video overlay (I forget the exact message) whenever I start the program or click the play button. It will not display any video. Rebooting does not cure the problem. It appears this problem can be resolved by:

1. Switch to the software decoder.

2. Shut down the program.

3. Restart the program.

4. Switch back to the DXVA decoder.

- There are all sorts of window Z-order issues. They seem to pop-up dialog windows with the wrong parent, notably when setting manual recording reservations.

- It gets fairly frequent memory faults. Usually, it catches the exception and keeps on working. Several times, I've had it crash while the app was closing. I've allowed Windows Error Reporting to send several crash reports to Microsoft.

- It sometimes continues to run even after closing the main window. I have to kill the process with task manager.

-----------

I'd like to make a comment about the "vertical jitter" issue that many have reported. I've noticed that if I play back fullscreen with the display set to 856x480 or 1776x1000 that there is a shimmer that I might refer to as vertical jitter. On the other hand, with the display set to 1920x1080 the video looks very good to me. Perhaps I haven't watched it enough yet to see the problem, but I'm fairly hopeful on this front.

All in all, I think the thing has potential. I'm not experiencing any of the stuttering problems that have plagued many of you. The tuner seems to be (much) better than my DCT-100. I wish they could get the software right, but the current version doesn't speak well for their ability to do so.

They also need to divorce the recording software from the playback software.

I hope someone comes up with some decent software that works with this card, because I don't think DVICO can do it. Blight, are you listening?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
--I hope someone comes up with some decent software that works with this card--

What we need is for DVICO to release BDA drivers or at least the API. This is a very promising card.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have been having a problem with the version 2 beta software where I would try to record CSI, and it would try to record it to the wrong drive! I only have 6 GB free on my "C" drive, where I keep the OS and apps... and I have told the Fusion software to record to my "D" drive where I have plenty of free space. THe thing is... it records Without a Trace which comes on directly after CSI to the correct drive. That drove me crazy!

I'm hoping this new version will fix this issue.

And man, am I glad they finally put in a proper EPG. Now you can actually see which programs you have reserved via Titan or manual.

I am so close to total satisfaction with this product, now that they have the EPG, and provided the CSI problem mentioned above doesn't come up again. I can live with the vertical jitter at this point, but of course, I'd love to see that fixed.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the SPDIF problem I described above? Does anyone have SPDIF passthrough working with SoundMax audio?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.