Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had the problem with not being able to complete the daily update or a Net Connect too. However, around 1:40 PM EDT when I tried another Net Connect, I got the message "Getting new ReplayTV software...".

Woo Hoo! Still downloading; can't wait to see what was added!

Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wonder if it's just bug fixes or new features.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Can you please let us know what model you have and how long you have had it? If it's a newer model that you just purchased, then yes, it should auto-update to the most current rev (which has been out for a while.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 5040 that I've had for two months and it had the formerly new version of software from January of this year.

A post two minutes later than mine confirms a new version being downloaded to users.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cac123
The claim that there is NEW software is bogus.
Software doesn't have to be released to the entire 'fleet' of users at the same time. If there is a release going out to non-beta testers, you'll get it once it's your turn. You can't force it if it's a phased release.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
The claim that there is NEW software is bogus. I have 2 5040 units and have forced mutliple net connects on both and have yet to see any NEW software installed on them. I am running the Jan 24 release which has been around for quite some time now. I noticed on PlanetReplay that someone from Sonic Blue said they would notify everyone when and what the new release will address before it's made available to the public.
Before you start throwing stones, be aware that not all units receive software updates at the same time. In fact, by your attitude you've just managed to place yourself at the bottom of the update list. Too bad, you were scheduled to get the new version with your next connect. In case you're interested, we estimate that your update will now occur approximately on Sept. 24th.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It takes about 40 min for an upload. It's been an hour. Where is he?????

·
Registered
62 Posts
How about the 4504, any updates for it?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Topdog

where ya been? The "theorists" in the other thread have the 4500s dead at D & M's hand and the updates and sharing "never to be."

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
I think people are post padding again :) I don't remember any cac(a)

post, just cac(a) quote. :)
so someone quoted a post & jumped threads...that's some impressive cac(a)

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, if a new patch version is rolling out for the 5K's and this isn't the 5.0 release, we're to presume the 5.0 release is still a ways out. It doesn't seem likely to release a minor patch release just prior to a major feature release.

*sigh*

-Alan

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Not necessarily true. It could be D & M "showing the flag" and allaying fears of abandonment out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
From a practical standpoint, it is uncommon to immediately follow a bug-fix release with a functionality release. Especially when the software deployment is pretty much mandatory (unlike, say a Windows release) across the entire user base.

·
Registered
915 Posts
The release is just a bug fix. It's build 135. It's not the 5.0 release as already stated by other forum participants. This fix eliminates one possible cause of infinite reboots or no boots.

Lyndon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well since I have been chewed by the entire Replay fan base over this I guess I will just keep my mouth shut and not try to alert others when I see something such as this. I don't frequent this site often since I stumbled onto PlanetReplay way back when I first bought my pair of 5040's. I know that I for one have been overly anxious for an update to resolve all of the issues that I have had and helped others work through since buying my 5040's. So in short I apologize for getting everyone all worked up over this. My intent was to alert those on PlanetReplay of the possible software upgrade that I saw posted here earlier today. For those of you that replied to my inital post with moronic or just plain stupid remarks you deserve no explanation or apology from me.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Quote:
My intent was to alert those on PlanetReplay of the possible software upgrade that I saw posted here earlier today.
And you did that by saying the update is "BOGUS" and accusing others of making stuff up? I think you owe those you called liars an apology.

Course I can't read all of your post for myself since you deleted it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.