Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting on recently ordered Replay 5080

Plan on connecting in central location and broadcasting via modulator.

I have a Dish 4700 receiver in same central location that is currently controlled via UHF. The Dish 4700 is supposed to have built in IR also, tho I've never used it.

1) Do I need to make any setup changes on the 4700 to use IR blaster from Relay unit? ( Currently, the "accessory jack" setting on my Dish menu is set to "IR extender")

2) Will the Dish4700 accept both the IR and UHF commands simultaneously?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
My 501 does. Are you using the accessory jack for anything?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
1) Not that I know of.

2) Yes.

Keep in mind you will need to use DISH (remote) UNIT ID 1, to match the Replay blaster code... the 4700 should already be on that default if you didn't change it.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Oh boy that's a hard one. I think it's in the manual somewhere. But it is some obscure combination of key-presses, blinks, and pauses(?) And you need change it on both receiver and remote without getting out of sync during the procedure, and with all other UHF units unplugged or something.

If you can't find it, what I would do is just grab the 4700 already on ID 1 and use it with the replay. You can see the unit ID (I believe) by just pressing the "info" button on the 4700 remote. Somewhere on that screen should be the Unit (Remote) ID. If you can't easily swap receivers, then you still may need to look up that messy (super secret) procedure to get your desired 4700 back to Unit ID 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.