AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that Discovery HD Theater is using one of the new BMW films as a filler. It's called "Ticker" and is billed as a "new film from Ridley Scott". It has been on at least twice so far today, following the scheduled program "Moose on the Loose". The Moose show lasts about 16 minutes, after which they go right to Ticker, which lasts about 9 minutes. Ticker stars Clive Owen, Don Cheadle, F. Murray Abraham, and of course a BMW (it's one of the Z models, but I'm not sure which one).

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
It's not a Ridley or Tony Scott film and they should be ashamed for using such blatant false advetrtising.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jeez Matt, calm down a bit. They are produced by Tony and Ridley Scott. One 'episode', "The Hostage", was directed by John Woo. Another, "The Ticker" was also produced by the Scotts and directed by Joe Carnahan.

In any event, they are fantastic and worth a viewing. As far as them using 'blatant false advertising', I think that if 'blank' was executive producer of a film, it is fair to say it is a 'blank' film, don't you think? Heck, Spielberg does it all the time.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
DirecTV has a channel devoted to the latest episodes of "The Hire" series by BMW Films, on channel 352 I think. Also, HDNet has been showing some in between other programs.

Sid

·
Registered
625 Posts
HDNet will have all three of the BMW Films playing together as a 'package' during the month of December... please see the schedule for details :)

and don't forget to mention it to your local BMW dealers :)

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kmeisenbach
HDNet will have all three of the BMW Films....
Thanks, Karl.

·
Registered
625 Posts
During December you will see the 3 BMW films as a package on the schedule, plus they will be incorporated into the "Intro to HDNet" which is the 1.5 hour monthly highlight program.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The car is the new Z4. The series of films from BMW that were just recently released were to promote the new Z4. The first round of films from bmwfilms covered the range of various high-profile BMW vehicles. Now it seems that BMW films will be releasing a few short films everytime that they have a major vehicle release.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Now if they could make a film about how they gave me one of their vehicles... if were non-fiction, it would be even better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.