AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished an addition to my home. I plan on making this a living/theater room. I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to get the speaker cable to the speakers in the middle of the room. My floor is concrete with carpet laid on top. Walls are sheet rock. The room is basically 25' x 25' or so. I had plans on floating furniture around in the middle of this room with a viewing distance of my screen of about 15' or so. How would you guys suggest I arrange my rear l/r/c speakers and how is it suggested to get cable to these locations.

Thanks!

Ryan

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's a really bad room dimension for accoustics, but I'm curious, what is your ceiling clearance, and what type of ceiling is it?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Depending on how involved you want to get you have two easy options.

#1 Run the speaker cable under the carpet to the desired location on the side wall. Drill a hole at the bottom of the wall and on the wall where the speaker will be. Fish a string with a weight attached from the top hole to the bottom hole, tie the speaker wire to the string and pull up. You can use spakle filler to cover up the holes.

#2 Same as above but instead of running the cable under the carpet you would remove the bottom moulding from the wall and place the cable in the wall under the moulding, drilling the hole low in the wall. This way, when the moulding is replaced, nothing would be visible and cable wouldn't inadvertantly pop up from under the carpeting.

I ran my cable up the wall behind my equipment rack and then ran the cable under the ceiling moulding. Check out my page. The pictures aren't great but maybe you will get the idea.

Mitch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.