Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just found out about this through a source and was wondering if someone out there could help me decipher some of the information. This DVD player will be released probably within the next 4 months or so.

Rotel DVD player (model # RDV-1092)

"the RDV-1092, which will feature HDMI output also capable of 1080 progressive. Also featured on the RDV-1092 is a bi-directional RS-232 interface, DVD-audio and outstanding CD performance. Retail is targeted for $1800" quoted by a dealer source.

When they say it is capable of 1080 progressive what does that mean? Is this a high-def player?

THanks,

Ken

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's most likely HDMI version 1.1 and upscales standard def DVD (480i) to 1080p, as per the new Marantz 9600 - not a true HD media player as HD-DVD or Blu-ray.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I figured it probably wasn't a high-def player. It is probably better than what I have though!

Ken

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes, Rotel make some nice players--well built and good value--though it's a shame they don't support SACD and offer a universal deck.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The Rotel RDV-1092 is now listed on Rotel's web site, and should be shipping soon if it is not already. List price is $1499.

Rotel RDV-1092

·
Registered
700 Posts
So, has anyone checked this player out yet? I'm very curious to hear any impressions on its audio and video quality. Would really like to standardize on Rotel, to match the rest of my equipment, if possible.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My first impression of this players video performance was very positive. I saw it connected to Epson 800 Projector and comparied it to a Krell unit updated with HDMI output and the image on the Rotel was much better in my opinion. I did not really get to listen to it much but it is definitely on my short list for a new DVD player.

·
23,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindamood
So, has anyone checked this player out yet? I'm very curious to hear any impressions on its audio and video quality. Would really like to standardize on Rotel, to match the rest of my equipment, if possible.
I you are going to spend $1500 on a DVD player now, the upcoming Denon 3930 should definitely be on your short list. The 2930 at $850 is also a consideration and will most likely offer better video than the Rotel - Rotels have never been sought after for video, but that's not to say you won't be satisfied. If audio is a priority, the Rotel does not play SACD.

larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.