AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could some kind sole explain to me how RRa2 handles the following:

Let's say a key pad has 4 scenes assigned to 4 buttons (A,B,C,D)

Scene A turns on light circuits 1,2,3 & 4 50% dimmed

Scene B turns on light circuits 2, 4, & 6 at 90% bright

Scene C turns on light circuits 1 & 5

Scene D turns on light circuits 7 & 8 in another room from where the keypad is located.

Button 5 is All Off

Now, if Button A is active and I push Button B what happens? Will light circuit 1 & 3 stay lit at 50%? Will circuits 2, 4, & 6 jump to 90%?

Must I cancel one scene before activating another?

If I did not have an All Off button, or wanted to keep Scene D on in the other room, would I hit each button that has an LED lit to turn off all the scenes but the one I want left on?

Thank you very much for your help, Richard

·
Registered
255 Posts
RadioRa 2 will only change loads programmed to it's button. In your example 1 & 3 will be unaffected, and 2, 4 & 6 will go to their programmed level. If you want 1 & 3 to be off in scene 'B' they must be programmed to 0%.

You do not have to 'cancel' a scene before initiating another.

A good practice with RadioRa 2 is to have an Off scene at every keypad that controls all loads part of scenes that it's buttons trigger.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I understand now.

In my example where Scene A is active. If I were to push the A Scene button again, would that turn off all the loads programmed to Scene A?

Is it possible, if there is no "OFF Scene" button in the keypad, to just push each button that has a lit LED next to it, i.e., it is active or ON, to turn off everything controlled by that keypad?

Thanks, Richard

·
Registered
10,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardorser  /t/1470306/new-rra2-user-questions#post_23257383

Thank you. I understand now.

In my example where Scene A is active. If I were to push the A Scene button again, would that turn off all the loads programmed to Scene A?

No. It would set those loads to levels assigned.
Quote:
Is it possible, if there is no "OFF Scene" button in the keypad, to just push each button that has a lit LED next to it, i.e., it is active or ON, to turn off everything controlled by that keypad?

No. Think of the "off" scene button as setting all loads to 0%... The buttons act just like a remote control macro: "Set load X to level Y". Pushing the same button again will just repeat that command.

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are other options when programming the keypad buttons besides just scenes. I believe path of light would allow you to press the button again to turn off the programmed lights, however only if the current levels of all programmed lights matches the programmed settings for that button. Another option which I don't remember the name of would toggle on/off. The LED would be on if any of the programmed lights for that button were on, but not necessarily at their programmed levels. Pressing the button then would turn all the programmed lights off.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that is important information. I assumed, that the scenes could be toggled on and off.

I see from other forum members that there may be that option, but I certainly need to request it if I am not going to assign a button to ALL OFF.

Thank you, Richard

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, the toggle option is assignable to any particular button on any particular keypad? Thanks, Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. The options are,
  1. Individual device control - Control of a single Dimmer, Switch, or Shade/Drapery.
  2. Local scene - Preset scene for all lighting and shading within a room.
  3. Whole home scene -Illuminates part of or most of the home for a specific activity or mood.
  4. Room monitoring - Allows a user to see if lights within a specific room (or entire house) are on or off
  5. Path of light - Illuminates a convenient path of light to take the user from one location to the next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts