AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Runco is a controversial manufacturer on this site - but the criticism seems more oriented around price/performance than picture quality and features.

Is the new Runco CW43MC more price competitive than previous models? It is native 1024x768, but their DVI/HDCP seems to be only 480p - whats with that??

Has anyone seen this plasma in action? My dealer is pushing me to it, but I still have concerns....

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
500 Posts
The new Runco is more price competitive than before, if you plan to pay full retail for the Pioneer Elite or some such .... My Runco / Pioneer Elite dealer says the new Elite will beat the Runco. Of course I don't think he has personally seen the new Elite yet, I think he is going by say so or by specs ...

On Oct 9th, I will get to see the new Elite in his store - but I do not know if he will also have the new Runco or just the previous models. I could give you my non-expert opinion then.

Have you done a search here on Runco to read the debates a few weeks or months ago?

Is there a particular reason for you to go with the Runco plasma?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.....MY Pioneer/Runco dealer says that the Runco will have superior video processing!!!....(I don't mean to be childish here, just a newbie trying hard to figure it all out........ )

I had previously dismissed the Runco because of their poor price performance, but was always interested because of their great absolute performance.

I have done a Runco search on this site, but virtually all information seems to pertain to older, much less price competitive models.

Would be happy to get your further opinion whenever it is formed!

·
Registered
500 Posts
You probably found this Thread

If you like them and the price is ok with you, go for it. The new Elite is priced higher than the Runco (List = $15,500 as is the 5040HD at $14,400, but have speakers included ... we think... they are offering some "packs" that include various options). Or you could buy two of the new Panasonic 50s for the same price and give the extra one to your friends ... me, me, me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.