AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a rumor that Runco is releasing a new 16x9 2000 ansi lumen lcd projector. Anybody know anything about it?

·
Registered
634 Posts
It's on their web site. Says it has a 250 watt MH bulb.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Somebody please tell me what their new ViViX "pixel to pixel" technology does exactly...

The LCD panel is 1366 x 768 but their ViViX controllers closest matchup is 1280 x 768? http://www.runco.com/Products/LCD/DLC2000HD.htm

------------------

Tryg Hoff

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
A metal halide lamp??? that's what I have in my sony 400, seems a little outdated and they dim down after the first 100 hrs. I would think Runco would use a UHP lamp which is more stable than a metal halide lamp in terms of brightness fall off. I wonder how high this thing is going to be priced? If it's more than 10k msrp forget it! They probably are using Sony lcd panels just like the new Sanyo 16x9 projector is. Sony seems to be the only manufacturer making FPTV lcd 16x9 panels.

Tryg, looking on Runco's site further they have a vivix-pfp-7 controller and a vivix-pfp-11, the 11 has the 1366x768 output resolution, so this is the one that should be used with the lcd projector not the pfp-7. Their page on the lcd projector lists the wrong controller.

Monsterous size and weight too, I would hope the fan noise would be the quietest of all lcd projectors given the size.

[This message has been edited by Tom Bley (edited 05-16-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.