AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this unit was pictured and advertised in a Harvey's Electronics catelog over the weekend. it is not yet available, but piecing together little bits.....

first of all, this forum (and market realities!) are definitely waking them up. the VX1000 appears to be the replacement for the VX-1c, but it will use the 16:9 TI chip....and be list-priced at 16K, 1K less than vx-1c. btw, the price still includes the pj and the scaler/controller.

i believe specs will be improved with respect to contrast, and i think it will use the new chipset/archimedes color wheel too.

bulb will provide high light output, but still limited life. better dust sealing and lower noise too.

picking this up at $12-13K from reseller (and it can be done, if the vx-1c is any indication)....suddenly we have a contender not only for quality, but value too.

a sharp9000 and faroudja native rate face off anyone??

·
Registered
4 Posts
First-hand installation comparasion by me:

Highlights:

Runco VX1000:

Extremely Bright, 1600 Lumens, (recommend for 100" and up) Accurate color renderation, Processor has the same problems as before( VX1c), NTSC arteffects stays. better from S-video, component (interlaced) better than before (VX1c), Huge footprint, $$$$$

Sharp XV-Z9000Uwith Faroudja NRS+(1280x720):

Not so bright 740 lumens, (recommend for 74" and up), so so color renderation, Faroudja is much better processor. Sharp processor is so bad, I recommend never use it. NTSC arteffects mush better hidden, Awsome S-video picture, awsome component interlaced, small footprint, $$$$

Conclusion:

Runco with Faroudja would be the winner, but not possible at this point.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Before considering a Runco VX1000c, you need to sit in the room for a while watching a quiet movie. It may be bright, but it sure is noisy. If you can't build a hush box around it, I would never consider the VX1000. To a silent CRT owner, it was more than objectionable.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Dang Runco products Man!! Every things is expensive. I think Runco is a rip off. I hope that Japanes products beat them.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by milonshahid
Sharp XV-Z9000Uwith Faroudja NRS+(1280x720):

Not so bright 740 lumens, (recommend for 74" and up), so so color renderation...
so so color renderation? Colors lookded great on the ones I have seen.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Robster - As far as pricing goes, these are the MSRP prices for the current HD-1 chip DLP Projectors.

1. Runco VX1000C - $16k

2. Sharp Z9000 + NRS - $14k

3. Seleco HT300 - $13k

4. Marantz - $12k

I would assume all can be found at some sort of discount, which will vary according to manufacturer and availability.

If my numbers are correct, the Runco is still the most expensive is it not?

Reed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Runco, Meredian, Vidikron... these companies don't make anything but they tweak stuff, it's like a racing car... like Pontiac GrandAm consumer and the racing version. Basic Pioneer DVD DV-440 player and Ayre D1 DVD player has the same foundation. One costs about 200 and the the other 8000, can you tell me which one and why... I am not a Runco guy but I know that tweaking costs money.. by the way as far as I know Runco ultimately uses Plus or NEC engine on their DLP.. now, go ahead and look at a Plus/NEC product and compare.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Quote:
Runco, Meredian, Vidikron... these companies don't make anything but they tweak stuff, it's like a racing car
Actually Meridian builds all of their own products from scratch. They even write their own DSP code instead of using pre-written stuff (their own custom DD and DTS code for example) that companies like Sony, Panasonic, Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, etc. use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.