AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever powered-up their TV, heard the fan come on, heard the color wheel spin-up, only to have them both stop and begin the sequence again? It's almost like the TV failed the first time it tried to turn on and had to try again. I've had this happen about 4 times in the past 4 weeks. This has happened when the TV was "cold" and "warm."

In an unrelated issue, I've also noticed that when it turns on, it's pretty dark. The brightness then undulates from light to dark, progressively getting brighter until it settles fully bright.

Is this normal?

-Edward

HLN-5065W, v.2.14

·
Registered
916 Posts
Can't say I've ever noticed your first problem.

I have noticed the brightness change a bit and 'stabilize' in the first few minutes the set is on. I never thought it was a problem, and I think I heard others report the same thing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Somebody just reported this same behavior after losing power during the recent storm. I didn't get the impression that the behavior in his set's case was intermittent though. Just did a search for the thread, but couldn't find it. It's here somewhere and is quite recent (within the past week, I think)....

Marc

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm about 2weeks into my HLN5065 purchase, and also have the flickering brightness upon initial turn-on, that lasts for probably 15sec's and then stabilizes - hp

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, that was my thread (search for "tortured whine" or something like that :) ). It wasn't intermittent though - basically once it started doing that, it would always do the same thing regardless of attempts. Getting it swapped this week for a new (bigger!) one because Samsung can't convince the nearest tech to drive 20 miles to take a look at it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have a repeat, and I'm going to invest in one of those power-conditioning UPS units to keep it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.