10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What we know:

Only 518mm deep

Weighs only 50.3Kg

This DLP HDTV features 10000:1 contrast ratio

The full resolution is 1920x1080

20% enhanced luminance.

Will be available in the US starting September????

What we don’t know:

Every thing else, except that we already know.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMusick
7.5 million Won

Less than 7k give or take
Does anyone seriously believe this set is different from the 7178?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I believe there will be some differences, but none of great value for the domestic market. I've had a look at Samsung websites, products and user manuals for countries all over the World, and there are different models for different markets. The numbering scheme used for this model suggests that it a model tailored for the European or Aisian markets. It will probably work with a wider range of supply voltage and broadcast video standards than the US-only models, and the signals inputs may be different. I've seen these model numbers used in Korea, Japan, Australia and South Africa. I don't imagine that it would be of much interest in the US.

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welwynnick
I believe there will be some differences, but none of great value for the domestic market. I've had a look at Samsung websites, products and user manuals for countries all over the World, and there are different models for different markets. The numbering scheme used for this model suggests that it a model tailored for the European or Aisian markets. It will probably work with a wider range of supply voltage and broadcast video standards than the US-only models, and the signals inputs may be different. I've seen these model numbers used in Korea, Japan, Australia and South Africa. I don't imagine that it would be of much interest in the US.

Nick
You hit the nail on the head - they used a non NA model number that is

equivalent to the U.S. 7178.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.