AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Connected my BD-P1000 to Pioneer 5071 (BB version of 5070) today. Setup went OK, but there are some mysteries.

Why can't I output 1080P? BD-P100 menu will not allow me to select this option even though I know that my 5071 is capable of accepting 1080P.

How do I shut off the MPEG noise filter, which softens the picture? I think I have the current firmware version which was supposed to correct the mandatory MPEG noise filter so that it can be turned off to avoid a soft picture.

My info screen gives the following:

LDR: 912F/Front:23

PSD: 60630.1

DMN: 060703.01 Region: 01

Is this current?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
What is the resolution of your display? I had the same problem with my Infocus 7200 (720p) projector. Some of the time the Samsung will not let you select 1080p if your display isn't a NATIVE 1080p display. Do you have it ran through a Pioneer receiver via HDMI?

You can't change the noise filter manually. Do a search for an older thread. It should tell you what the current firmware is.

I returned the Samsung and currently have a Sony BDP-S1.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson /forum/post/0

What is the resolution of your display? I had the same problem with my Infocus 7200 (720p) projector. Some of the time the Samsung will not let you select 1080p if your display isn't a NATIVE 1080p display. Do you have it ran through a Pioneer receiver via HDMI?

You can't change the noise filter manually. Do a search for an older thread. It should tell you what the current firmware is.

I returned the Samsung and currently have a Sony BDP-S1.

My HDMI is direct into the Pioneer 5071. The Pioneer 5071 is supposed to accept a 1080P signal and scale it internally. That is why I am puzzled by the lockout of the 1080P output from the Samsung.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I am not trying to be rude, but what is the NATIVE resolution of your tv?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Ok I looked up the specs on your tv.

it is 1365x768. Chances are your Samsung player is "seeing" this via HDMI and will not light up the options for 1080p. Are you getting the option for 1080i?

It has something to do with the EDID(electronic device ID) of your Pioneer tv "telling" the Samsung player that it's native resolution will not accept a 1080p signal. I would call Pioneer for support issues.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson /forum/post/0

Ok I looked up the specs on your tv.

it is 1365x768. Chances are your Samsung player is "seeing" this via HDMI and will not light up the options for 1080p. Are you getting the option for 1080i?

It has something to do with the EDID(electronic device ID) of your Pioneer tv "telling" the Samsung player that it's native resolution will not accept a 1080p signal. I would call Pioneer for support issues.

Yes, I am getting the 1080I option. I suspect that I will not see any difference with the 1080P option on the Samsung, but would like to try.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could not get satisfactory support from Samsung with my questions. I returned the player and purchased the Sony BDP-S1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.