AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any model # or anything with me right now, but this tv is 46" 1080p @ 120hz. Every time a watch a blue ray, or anything for that matter, a little box in the top left corner says 19(something) x 1080 @ 60hz.... how do i set it to 120hz??? Ive tried almost everything in the menu setting on the tv and the PS3.... the blue ray movies have the ODD choppy part around moving objects, not necessarily the fast moving objects either. the picture is phenomenal though!!! Love it! Is this little box that shows up suppose to be @60hz or 120hz? and how do i change it? Ive been searching and found some threads that come close to my answer but nothing yet. All help is appreciated!!!

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
That box displays the input material that your television is receiving. In other words, that's the resolution and frame rate that you are receiving. The television set will take that "60hz" input and output it to display "120hz" automatically.

Don't worry about it
120hz will always be on.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Set that ps3 to output 1080p24 for Blu-ray!

Also, for the strange artifacts you are seeing for moving objects. Find the Auto Motion Plus 120Hz setting in the Picture Options menu. Set it to Custom, and then adjust the Blur Reduction to 10 and the Judder Reduction to 2. That should help.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 /forum/post/18157642

That box displays the input material that your television is receiving. In other words, that's the resolution and frame rate that you are receiving. The television set will take that "60hz" input and output it to display "120hz" automatically.

Don't worry about it
120hz will always be on.

even samsung plasmas say 60hz....no worries...its just a banner

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PERFECT! thanks guys! This is my first tv i, myself, have ever bought... and I'm 27. hahaha! I'm more of an outdoors type of guy.

I'll make the adjustments to the ps3 and tv you guys have advised....

thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeding ticket /forum/post/18157745

PERFECT! thanks guys! This is my first tv i, myself, have ever bought... and I'm 27. hahaha! I'm more of an outdoors type of guy.

I'll make the adjustments to the ps3 and tv you guys have advised....

thanks!

yup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.