AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the Samsung 52" A650 tv, but would like to spend under $2000.


I know that the price should drop when Samsung anounces a newer line of tvs than the current 6 & 7 series.


Anybody know when this is going to happen?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,188 Posts
The new models, mostly LED, should be out around September/October and I doubt 52A650 will be under 2K before or after then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 /forum/post/14275322


pull the trigger i just got the a750 today....completely awesome it doesn't get much better than this

Well, maybe the 46" A750 is around that budget, but I think that he's looking for the 52" version... Needless to say, you can't go wrong with the A750, since the price gap between the A650 and A750 is so small, it's almost worth it to step up. I would consider that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob /forum/post/14275360


Well, maybe the 46" A750 is around that budget, but I think that he's looking for the 52" version... Needless to say, you can't go wrong with the A750, since the price gap between the A650 and A750 is so small, it's almost worth it to step up. I would consider that...

i know i must have seen the 52a650 for around 1900 somewhere online
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
As I reported, Samsung, Sharp and Mitsubishi dropped prices again on most of their large screen LCD flat panels this past week. You'll probably see the national retailers lower their prices this Sunday (tomorrow).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
Yeah, because Big River is probably the only place that anyone can afford to go to for the high-end large screens anymore. Don't see much hope for brick and mortar anymore...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"""Yeah, because Big River is probably the only place that anyone can afford to go to for the high-end large screens anymore. Don't see much hope for brick and mortar anymore... """


Yes you are right B&M stores like circuit city is having major problems:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/adv...es.asp?symb=CC


Well if new sets are coming out in a few months I may wait till then. Not in any rush to get one.


From my eyes, I do think the 6 & 7 series are a substantial step up from the 5 series, so I will wait a little to see if I can get a better deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 /forum/post/14275441


i know i must have seen the 52a650 for around 1900 somewhere online

52A550 can be had for $1700 - $1800 online, 6 Series not unless for a refurbed unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian /forum/post/14275968


52A550 can be had for $1700 - $1800 online, 6 Series not unless for a refurbed unit.

Oh yeah?. I'd be very careful to buy one at that price online from an obscure seller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Matt__ /forum/post/14275973


Don't ****ing Get One!!!


Unless You're Prepared To Return It Two Times Over.


Flashlights, Clouding, The Works.

Would somebody please bring me my violin?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Merson /forum/post/14275522


As I reported, Samsung, Sharp and Mitsubishi dropped prices again on most of their large screen LCD flat panels this past week. You'll probably see the national retailers lower their prices this Sunday (tomorrow).

Samsung website still shows 52A550 at 2400 list and 3000 for 52A650. Is the website not up-to-date?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Samsung's website is NOT up to date. Often there is a lag between price changes and the company's respective websites. Best bet is to check Sunday's ads at BB and CC, they often have the price drop within days of the change (the set makers give them plenty of advanced notice).


HD Guru
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 /forum/post/14276203


Would somebody please bring me my violin?
I second that one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmode /forum/post/14275981


Oh yeah?. I'd be very careful to buy one at that price online from an obscure seller

I don't know what your definition of "obscure" is but Amazon has LN52A550 for $1825 shipped and Abe of Main has it for $1725 shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian /forum/post/14277182


I don't know what your definition of "obscure" is but Amazon has LN52A550 for $1825 shipped and Abe of Main has it for $1725 shipped.

Are you talking about 52A650 or 52A550? I thought chevydude26 was talking about getting Samsung LN52A650 for around 1900.


And just so you know, 52A550 was below the price you mentioned a few days ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian /forum/post/14277182


I don't know what your definition of "obscure" is but Amazon has LN52A550 for $1825 shipped and Abe of Main has it for $1725 shipped.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought that you were referring to the LN52A750. No worries about the 550 from Amazon
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top