AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and obviously new to this forum.

I bought my Samsung at Sears last week ($400 off, 18 months no interest!), and picked it up a fee days ago. A friend immediately turned me onto this site, and I gotta say, I'm blown away with the knowledge!

I've done a few searches, but couldn't find an 'official' thread for calibration for the LNxxB630 series. Is there one, and did I miss it?

Anyway, I'm excited about the TV I purchased. I thought it was going to be too small when I bought it, as I was only upgrading from a 32" Sony Trinitron. But when the full 16:9 ratio is taken into account along with the HD resolution, it's like getting a screen twice the size of the old one!

Of course, now I have to upgrade my receiver (no HDMI) and buy a new TV stand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There hasn't been an official calibration thread for the B630, but you can download and install some calibration files to your thumbdrive and run it from the media play mode. One of the advantages of the new Samsung TVs is being able to run .vob, mp4, files right off the usb port. Check out this thread for .mp4 files that contain calibration slides to get your brightness, contrast, color, calibrated;

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

Other than that, buy a calibration disc yourself or just wait for someone to post their results. The "color" settings from the B650 calibrations worked for me and I used the above .mp4 file for the contrast & brightness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts