AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try this link below. Seems the high end TXN Neo line that is distributed through exclusive dealerships will have DVI/HDCP. I guess that means the AV salon type of dealer, not a discounter like Best Buy. Oh well.......
http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...ser=&oid=63500

·
Registered
80 Posts
If my 27inch Sony were to die tomorrow, I would probably get a Samsung 30inch Widescreen. As to which model, my guess is I would get the older Analog set.

I don't envision getting an HDTV setup anytime soon, so the analog version would be awesome for me, and at a great price.

The HD versions provide a conundrum. If you are going to go HDTV, do you spring the extra to get the one with the DVI input?? Who knows what the industry and government will do along this line.....This makes me appreciate the Analog version more, if I had to replace my Sony now. I paid a little over $500 for it. So a little over $600 would be very doable.....

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bigjimd
Samsung has released more details on their 2003 "TXN" series of HDTV monitors. Four new models are listed so far. Rumor of DVI connector appear to be false so far.
The following press release from CES seemed to make it pretty obvious that Samsung was intending on releasing some 'enty level' and 'mid level' models w/o DVI/HDCP and 'higer end' models w/ DVI/HDCP (and a few other bells/whistles).

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...ser=&oid=62521

Quote:
Three sleek Tantus models top-off Samsung's Neo designed DynaFlat lineup for 2003: 27" TXN2798HF (MSRP $1,099), 30" widescreen TXN3098WHF (MSRP $1,599) and 32" TXN3298HF (MSRP $1,499). All feature Samsung's slim-width Neo design, an earth-shaking built-in subwoofer and powerful satellite speaker system, 3:2 pull down, and Super Fine Dot Pitch. In addition, these models will appeal to the most serious home theater enthusiast with the inclusion of the industry standard DVI (digital video interface) with HDTV interface. DVI-HDTV provides a digital connection without the quality losses associated with an analog connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.